PDA

View Full Version : 4th cylinder misfiring ( ka24de )

Cobbs
07-30-2008, 01:16 AM
I have everything except a spark to my 4th cylinder.

I bought a new distributor/spark plug wires/spark plugs and still nothing.
I scanned my obd and it came up with P03040.

got any suggestions on what I should do?

slidewaysmn
07-30-2008, 03:34 PM
You sure its not a vacuum problem? faulty injector? If you are sure its spark, yet you replaced the plugs, plug wires and distributor...i would try replacing the injector...common problemo...and what is the or could be a wiring short... anyone else? ha

Z U L8R
07-30-2008, 06:19 PM
test your injector. and test for noid signal

Dave

turns101
07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
so you dont see any spark when you have the wire in the plug on the head and start the car?

OR

You just know you have a #4 misfire?

memo92
07-30-2008, 06:52 PM
test your injector. and test for noid signal

Dave

You sure its not a vacuum problem? faulty injector? If you are sure its spark, yet you replaced the plugs, plug wires and distributor...i would try replacing the injector...common problemo...and what is the or could be a wiring short... anyone else? ha

I agree, check that#4 cylinder injector. Might be cloged, so replace it w/ a new one. GL:)

clark
07-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I have everything except a spark to my 4th cylinder.

I bought a new distributor/spark plug wires/spark plugs and still nothing.
I scanned my obd and it came up with P03040.

got any suggestions on what I should do?

wait, you got a whole new distributor?

or just a cap and rotor?

Jonnyblaze
07-30-2008, 11:25 PM
i had the same problem.. my injector was bad.. grab a multimeter and test it

Cobbs
07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
thanks for the feedback, Ill check my injectors tomorrow.

turns101
07-31-2008, 09:20 AM
Was skipped over here because I have a MIata LOL!!

You said you dont have spark!! You can have a good injector or bad injector and with no spark it doesnt matter.

So what are we checking injectors for if there is no spark?

So is there no spark or simply a mis fire??

Jonnyblaze
07-31-2008, 12:06 PM
whoever gave me neg reg for thinking i dont know how to test the injector can go fuck themselves

Cobbs
07-31-2008, 04:12 PM
well, I know the cylinder misfire can be alot of things. and as of right now Im trying to narrow it down.

Once I get paid, Ill buy some new spark plugs because I fouled mine up.
Ill clean out the injectors, replace any worn vac lines, check the maf, put in the new plugs, swap out a new fuel filter then try to fire her up.

jaja
07-10-2009, 02:58 AM
just realized that cobbs was banned.... maybe someone else can help me... (93 KADE)

===
i think i have the same problem.... cobbs - what ended up being the problem? i did the remove the injector connecter test, and found the #4 (closest one to the firewall?) and no change in that one.... (rest were fine - had some change), thus i'm thinking its the injector.

but i just removed the plug in that one and it was pretty pretty dark/black. wondering if it has spark. driving to the auto store to get a new one... maybe that may solve my problem :)

I also hear this 'hissing' sound near the charcoal canister.... that normal? i think its a vacuum leak, but cant seem to find one... should i just spray the lines with bubbly water?

jaja
07-11-2009, 04:15 AM
wasn't the spark plug.... tried to pull out the injector, ended up in the ER.. no joke. turning out to be a really expensive 'fix' :)