PDA

View Full Version : help tuning my bov

halyoder
12-29-2002, 01:46 PM
i have a blitz bov and one. i've don't know why the bov doesn't work. people tell me to turn the screw on top and the valve should close or open. my does not do this the valve is open some right now and my bov does not work please help me.

halyoder
12-29-2002, 07:22 PM
anyone????

Bolo
12-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Where do you have the line connected to? Should be connected to the bigger one of the two right above the throttle body. If you have that done, tighten down that screw on the bov until it is not open during idle. Hope that helps.

halyoder
12-30-2002, 02:46 PM
i have it conected to the biggeer one and the problem is that when my car is running i can turn the screw on top and nothing happens. the valve does not close or open more. what could be wrong with it . should i take it a part and see if i can fit it??????

Bolo
12-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Yeah try taking it apart and see if the diaphram is ripped or not.

onboost
12-31-2002, 05:37 AM
i have it conected to the biggeer one and the problem is that when my car is running i can turn the screw on top and nothing happens. the valve does not close or open more. what could be wrong with it . should i take it a part and see if i can fit it??????

the screw on top of the bov does not move the valve at all. what it does is it compresses the spring inside the casing, and which will change the spring rate for the blow off valve.

so if the spring is compressed more(with the screw in more), its harder for the valve to open, therefor it needs more vacuum to lift the valve off the seat.