PDA

View Full Version : bah help!!!

kazuma
07-28-2008, 09:01 PM
today was the first day I was able to drive my car(built ka-t, s14 se), I took it to the gas station put 6gallons of fuel and then came home and let it cool down and then went for another drive, as soon as I pulled into my driveway after the second drive, the car stalled and wouldnt turn back on!!!!

now I know i have spark but I dont think I have fuel cause when I crank the car( i crank it for about 10-15 seconds) I check the spark plugs and not a drop of fuel! I know for a fact before when I had spark issues I would have spark plugs covered in complete gas!

Now I can hear my fuel pump prime up and I can hear the fuel entering my rail(quite loud cause of the 300zx fuel filter) but at most I get is just a little blip and then just constatnt crank!

what could be causing this?! its really frustrating me that I cant drive my car .

btw my setup is:
ka24de
8.5 ross pistons
eagle rods
650cc detschworks injectors
tuned ecu
safc2(used to turn the fuel down a bit, tune is for 550's)
n60 maf

can anyone please help me!

mothon
07-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Have you checked to see if your injectors are getting a power signal?

kazuma
07-29-2008, 06:16 AM

How do I do that? DO I just unplug them when the key is in the on position and and check the plug with a volt meter?

edit:

just went out and checked for spark, I have spark and I have fuel(I unplugged the fuel line turned the engine to the on position and fuel came out). Timing was checked when the motor was on and it was just fine.

The only thing that I can think of causing this is now the FPR? does that make any sense?

Z U L8R
07-29-2008, 09:50 PM
you need to see if your injectors are firing. just cause the rail gets fuel to it doesn't mean the injectors have power, doesn't mean they're getting the ground pulses from the ecu, and doesn't mean that if they're getting power and ground that they're any good.

i really doubt that all 4 injectors would take a dump at the same time, so your problem is probably going to be not getting power to the injectors, or your ecu not sending the ground pulses to the other wire on the injector plug.

i'd recommend testing that first.
Dave

racepar1
07-29-2008, 09:57 PM

The computer controls the ground not the power. You need what is called a "noid light". It is basically just a little light that flashes when the injector is pulsed. You can make your own if you have a spare injector connector and a spare light socket for a marker light or something. If that light doesn't flash then it means that the computer is not pulsing the injectors. That generally means that the computer is not getting the crank sensor signal that tells it when to pulse the injectors.

mothon
07-29-2008, 09:59 PM
The computer controls the ground not the power. You need what is called a "noid light". It is basically just a little light that flashes when the injector is pulsed. You can make your own if you have a spare injector connector and a spare light socket for a marker light or something. If that light doesn't flash then it means that the computer is not pulsing the injectors. That generally means that the computer is not getting the crank sensor signal that tells it when to pulse the injectors.

Thanks....thats what i was trying to say. Not sure if you have autozone where you are at but i know they loan out noid lights.

new240slider
07-29-2008, 10:03 PM
it also could be the fpr i had the same problem on my sr20 in a s13 it wasnt holdint enough pressure during start up there for no fuel into motor no start replaced and works perfect i tested by turning key on letting fuel system prime then ake of the fpr there should be alot of fuel and pressure in the rail makes a fuel mess if there isnt then thats your problem ...make sure you put a rag over the fpr when taking it off other wise you will get coverd in fuel let us know how you make out

wiggafly808
07-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Is the CEL on?

kazuma
07-31-2008, 09:07 PM
No CEL.

changed he distributor today (someone I know said they had same issue and by changing distributors it fixed it, something to do with a faulty sensor in the dizzy)and it started after I timed it but it didnt really solve the issue.

right now what happens is when I turn the car on when cold it comes on right away but after driving it for a bit and turning it off and on the only way to turn it back on is to pull the fuel pump fuse, crank it till it starts and uses all the fuel then put the fuse back in and start it.

Also I stalled the car(yay to new clutch setup which is retardedly stiff)on kinda of a angled street(angled so the water goes in the gutter area)and when I tried to start it all i got was white smoke!! I was soo scared that I blew the head gasket but after I did the whole pull the fuel pump fuse and put it back in thing it started up.

Is my issue with my fpr/fuel pump/injector leak or am I having issues with my headgasket not sealing properly? I thought if it was my headgasket I'd have white smoke all the time.