PDA

View Full Version : 180sx turning signals... anyone have them?

Nismo240SX
12-25-2002, 11:22 PM
does any body have the factory 180sx turning signals? anybody know how they attach and wire up? i'm thinking i might put them on my new front bumper, whenever i get it on:rolleyes: if you guys are still confused on what i'm talking about here is a pic via jspec.com http://store3.yimg.com/I/jspec_1701_5527708 thanks.

mbmbmb23
12-26-2002, 07:24 PM
I've been wondering about these also. Do both sides (orange and white) come on when you turn your parking lights on? Do both colors blink when your turn signal is on? Is the KA wire harness suited for these lights?

-m

Dousan_PG
12-26-2002, 07:27 PM
those ones that nismo240sx posted are amber only. the kouki bumper has "position" lights that are white that come one when have the parking lights on and headlights on iirc.

the 1/2 amber 1/2 clear chuki ones
you have to cut and solder wires for it

iirc, when your headlights are on the white part is on. when you hit turn signal the amber flashes.
when you have your headlights on AND turn signal the amber flashes and white stays solid on
when you have parking lights (no headlights) on only the white comes on

i think that's how it is. i'm supposed to be getting mine soon!! :D

808rps13
12-26-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by dousan36
the 1/2 amber 1/2 clear chuki ones
you have to cut and solder wires for it
nope, don't have to cut & solder anything for the chuki turn signals. it's a simple plug & play, it comes pre-wired and ready to go from the factory...

mrmephistopheles
12-27-2002, 08:14 AM
If you speak from experience, then your car is a fluke. I have the 180sx chuki turnsignals, and I had to cut & splice. The chuki lights have a harness for each bulb, while the 240sx only has one. That's not plug & play (unless you only want the amber to function).

Kevin

808rps13
12-27-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by mrmephistopheles
If you speak from experience, then your car is a fluke. I have the 180sx chuki turnsignals, and I had to cut & splice. The chuki lights have a harness for each bulb, while the 240sx only has one. That's not plug & play (unless you only want the amber to function).

Kevin

strange :confused: b/c i have acquired 3 sets of the chuki blinkers (2 for my cars and 1 for a friend). all brand new in sealed boxes, 2 sets from Japan, and 1 set from Australia (via Japan). all 3 just plugged right into the harness and both lights (parking light and signal light) worked out of the box. you have a pic of the 2 harnesses? i'd be very interested to see what the other harness for the parking light (194 wdge bulb) looks like?

mbmbmb23
12-27-2002, 07:04 PM
mrmephistopheles,

Can you give me a brief rundown of the splice procedure...like...what wires I need to splice into?

thanks,

-M

HaLo
12-27-2002, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by 808rps13
strange :confused: b/c i have acquired 3 sets of the chuki blinkers (2 for my cars and 1 for a friend). all brand new in sealed boxes, 2 sets from Japan, and 1 set from Australia (via Japan). all 3 just plugged right into the harness and both lights (parking light and signal light) worked out of the box. you have a pic of the 2 harnesses? i'd be very interested to see what the other harness for the parking light (194 wdge bulb) looks like?
I must agree... Chuki's are plug n play. (did them on my car)

808rps13
12-27-2002, 08:59 PM
here's a link to a friends page where she talks about the 180sx blinkers: http://www.geocities.com/my93_240sx/Spring2001.html

another link to an Ebay auction w/ supersized pics of the blinker and harness, these lights are brand new and untouched:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874870393&indexURL=3&photoDisplayType=2#ebaylargephotohosting
the seller gets a lot of stuff from Japan (used to or still is stationed in Japan), you might want to e-mail him and ask him about it.

here's what i found w/ the search funtion:
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14279&highlight=JDM+turn+signals

my suggestion is that when you (mbmbmb23) receive the blinkers, take a good look at them and see what you need to do...

Nismo240SX
12-29-2002, 12:01 PM
808rps13, those aren't what i'm talking about. if you look at the photo that i put from jspec.com... those are what i'm talking about. now anybody have those?

808rps13
12-29-2002, 02:20 PM
Nismo240sx: hehe, sorry about that, i guess your post got hijacked and only followed from the part when it started talking about the "chuki" lights...

as far as the kouki bumper, i also have those (see pic below) i haven't gotten around to installing them yet... i do know that there's some wiring required, but it seems like it's prertty straightforward... what i'm gonna do is just use my old OEM blinkers and undo the factory wiring, then splice new wires and connect them to the position lights and the turn signals... some guys do w/o the turn signals and wire up the bumper light as a turn sig...

click here for pic of kouki blinker light -->http://www.zilvia.net/f/blued2/vb_bullet.gif (http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=1268080)

RedStage
12-29-2002, 03:29 PM
The Kouki lights that you have pictured are just turn signals.

On the Kouki bumper the driving lights are un the face of the bumper and are square clear lights. The lights you have in the pic are in the bottom "Vented area"

808rps13
12-29-2002, 03:39 PM
RedStage: hey were you A31Cefiro on the old Velocity boards? your name sounds real familiar? anyways, yeah i also have the bumper/position lights. just posting a pic of the turn sigs b/c i couldn't find my pic of the lights on the bumper (somewhere on my damn computer)... i noticed that a lotta cars w/ kouki replica bumpers in Japan only have the driving lights and no turn sigs... is that b/c they're always tearing off their bumpers?

RedStage
12-30-2002, 03:14 PM
That's me.

Not sure why. Most of the replica Kouki bumpers are like mine. With the Zenki white and amber position and signal lights.

240 2NR
12-31-2002, 11:04 AM
I have a 93 (kouki) 240sx. I ordered the 180sx turnsignals (half amber half clear) and they are in fact plug and play. I literally installed these in a parking lot with only a screwdriver in 5 minutes. Both lights work. The clear lamps come on with the parking lights and headlights and the turnsignals are on when you use your turn signal and hazards. My ol;d roomate has them on his 89 and his story is the same. Both are factory nissan japan parts ordered through J-spec.

I also have the rear 180sx lights and those are almost plug and play. They fit perfectly and require no modifications. The wiring harnesses line up, however they are different scales. So you must strip and crimp the wires together. Otherwise they're as straight forward as possible.