PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get anything sweet?

tnord
12-25-2002, 12:26 PM
I raked in a light smoke visor for my helmet, some 1/2'' drive 12-18mm deep sockets, a garage flourescent light, and one of those scredriver things that you can attatch sockets to. i also got some cash of which i'm considering using to purchase an EZ-up.....

what cool stuff did you guys get than i can buy with my newfound funds???

maybe i could buy a set of race rubber???

DSC
12-25-2002, 01:08 PM
car stuff, I got a 1 year subscription to GRM and a 71 peice tool set.

thelinja
12-25-2002, 04:00 PM
I got some jackstands and a subscription to R&T. And I also got a 350Z Hotwheel!!

bbp
12-26-2002, 06:52 AM
EZ ups are nice to have, Sam's has one for like 200 bucks. I used mina all the time, at the track and at other outdoor events.

What about one of those lightweight race jacks that harbor freight sells. I have seen one at the track and they are pretty nice for 200 bucks.

Robic stopwatch, more tools!, safety equipment (gloves, shoes, suit).

It's nice to have some extra coin to play with.

sph33r
12-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Got a helmet bag and a nice toolbox as far as car things goes.. Maybe now I can keep my helmet from getting scratched up and my tools all in one place.

tnord
12-26-2002, 11:07 AM
Sam's as in Sam's club?? i found one at Pegasus for like $279 er somethin.

i bought a Robic last season and the thing never freakin worked. i put a new battery in it and everything.......i was not pleased.

bbp
12-26-2002, 11:26 AM
ya Sam's Club. That sucks about the robic, they are expensive... did they warentee it for you?

BadMoJo
12-26-2002, 11:40 PM
I got some tools and a helmet. :D They are craftsman, not as cool as snap-on, but it will do ;)

nrcooled
12-27-2002, 08:20 AM
My wife hooked me up:
I got a rear STB, short shifter (obx), fidanza flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, oil pressure gauge, OMP pedals, and Greddy Full Auto Turbo Timer.

I love that girl! I got her a '91 teg to take to the track for Christmas.

RearWheel
12-27-2002, 09:00 AM
I got mostly cash...but something cool that I got was a JDM air freshener. It looks so awesome because it looks like a radar detector on your dash. Looks like this..... (http://ebay1.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_78fe62b75608fbf23591389a88465aeb/i-1.JPG)
Except mine is squash. You wouldn't think squash smells that good, but it's good!! I smoke in my car (yeah some of you think I'm crazy), but after rolling down the window and letting the smoke out, it doesn't smell like smoke anymore. It completely gets rid of the cigarette smell. This sucker is strong, but it's a good strong scent. Even friends wonder why my car doesn't ever smell like an ashtray anymore. Everyone should have one!!! My friend bought one to just put in his bedroom. I'm going to buy like 5 more for every room in the house, even the bathroom. Squash-scented-air-freshener-that-looks-like-a-radar-detector......what will the Japs think of next?!!!!

Oh yeah....and I got a scarf...LOL:cool:

DSC
12-27-2002, 05:27 PM
It occured to me after I posted the 1st time just how clueless my parents are :p

Tools are neutral, sweet!

But they got me nascar candy, superstreet callendar, and 1 year subscription to GRM...how funny is that?

SR20Fastback
12-27-2002, 08:56 PM
Nascar candy? Intresting

I got a helmet and some money for sway barsl but Im sure you have a helmet. You might try some gauges, maybe a pyromoter (for tire temp), tools, new tires, camera and mount, oil cooler, i dunno just some ideas.

HippoSleek
12-30-2002, 07:08 AM
...but aside from that, nothing for the car :(

So much for that Sparco suit I was eyeing (not that my gf would pull that trigger in a million years! )

Travis - The ones at Costco are called "Traveler" or "Caravans" (something out of the movie Snatch). IIRC, they are $220, come with side panels, are larger than the 10x10 EZup, equally easy to set up, and actually a fair bit stronger than the entry level EZup.

Tyler Durdan
12-30-2002, 01:36 PM
Tools, xbox with racing wheel, and oohh oohh...new torque wrench...really needed that one:D .

tnord
12-31-2002, 01:39 AM
if it's from snatch, they'd be call Caravans. and we don't have a costco :( in either one of my living locations. i'd friggin buy one too, walls and everything for $220, that's a helluva deal.

i won't actually buy one till spring..........so i'll figure somethin out then.

burgy240
01-02-2003, 08:25 PM
My parent gave me money taped to a pic of a nissan radiator.....the cash was to get the Jdm radiator for my SR in order to eliminate the long hose running in front of it. I also got cash to order my project mu's rotors and pads for the rear. I got Burnout 2 for PS2 also.

adey
01-04-2003, 04:12 AM
and I got...

...absolutely nothing! ... -_- I have to use all my cash just to repair the car. *sigh* Not that this wouldn't happen some day. :p