PDA

View Full Version : HELP with Stance coilovers

gprb25
07-17-2008, 10:49 AM
I have been researching how to properly tighten the rear top nut on my Stance Gr+'s.

They are making a lot of noise going over harsh bumps and any change in the road.

I know that for the front you can use the spanner wrench to hold the piston in place, but what do you do for the rear? The whole thing spins on me and I don't want to ruin a good set of coilovers due to this problem.

Thanks to all that help out.

nicku
07-17-2008, 11:00 AM
well...I called stance before, they said all the coilovers are already torqued properly before shipped out. I had the same problem on my rears and it turned out the pillowballs were moving up and down when I went over bumps and shit like that. I called them, they sent me a new set of mounts. Problem solve.
Ask somebody to ride in the back of your car and try to touch the pillowball, see if it makes any movement at all.

gprb25
07-17-2008, 11:42 AM
Thanks for your response.

See, I have read the thread about Stance here on this forum where people had been getting new upper mounts and the problem was going away. I guess I'll try and contact them and see if I can get some replacements.

nicku
07-17-2008, 12:33 PM
yeah FIY, when I took out my mounts, the pillwballs were really really loose in the mounts...and its supposed to be tight