PDA

View Full Version : sr20det problem...car smoking...

design240sx
07-15-2008, 08:07 PM
alright will i bought the cosworth metal head gasket. torque down the ARP head studs. drove around and stuff. maybe like 200 miles car started to smoke. had a oil catch can and it was fill up all the way and oil went into the intake pipe to the turbo. so i empty it and run it again. it still smoke. not just that but smoke was coming out of the T from my valve cover and my exhaust. smells like oil mix with gas. maybe coolant too but my car didnt over heat. i had to drive back from 70 miles. while my car was smoking badly. i drain the oil and it was fine. but the catch can looks mix. like a milky color. *confused* what could be the problem?

mjjstang
07-15-2008, 09:28 PM
looks like somebody didnt install their Head gasket properly. did you have the head resurfaced or checked? did you make sure everything lined up properly? and there were no defects in teh manufacturing of the HG? Time to pull it all apart and redo.

design240sx
07-15-2008, 10:26 PM
uh...this is my second time doing my head gasket. before i bought a OEM head gasket. i was planning on boosting more so i got a metal head gasket. the head is honed and clean out good. i know what im doing. i also have the FSM to follow. as for now. everything is pull apart. *sigh*

design240sx
07-16-2008, 02:38 PM
anyone help me?

xpicer
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
anyone help me?
i would say its the turbo , when you boost because of the pressure you push/pull oil from the turbo seals

fcdrifter20
07-17-2008, 11:11 AM
i think i have to agree with mjjstang. i dont think thead head gasket was installed properly.i think maybe the head or the gasket wasnt cleaned right, or proper torque procedure wasnt used.preventing head gasket to seat properly.hell, sometime you just get defective parts, and we all make mistakes. no mater how many time we do somethin. not tryin to pit u down or anything, but shit, i still make mistakes i shouldnt be makeing but we're only human. did u do a compression test,cylinder leak test, or pressure test on the cooling system after this occured?

design240sx
07-18-2008, 01:59 PM
ill check it out and take some pic to post them up....thanks for the help.