PDA

View Full Version : s14 external coil conversion q's

kazuma
07-11-2008, 09:34 AM
K so I convered the s14 to external coil turned it on and it turned on and stayed on but since its still not drivable (needs a new driver side powersteering boot) I didnt drive it and I realized from the JWT diagram I never wired in the condensor thing. Is that important? Should I go back and wire it in or am I fine? anyone have any idea regarding this?

kazuma
07-12-2008, 11:56 PM
so no one knows if i need the little condensor or not?! someone got to know!!

racepar1
07-13-2008, 12:13 AM
If the instructions say to wire it in then what the hell is your question? DUH! :loco: :tweak: :ugh: :-/

kazuma
07-13-2008, 10:59 AM
If the instructions say to wire it in then what the hell is your question? DUH! :loco: :tweak: :ugh: :-/

well why did it work without wiring it in then? i dont have the condensor(dropped a s13 block into the s14).

also JWT diagrams are not always dead on, for example for n62 wiring they recommend to put the ground together and have them run into the ground from the ecu while every where else everyone suggests to run one ground to the ecu and the other to the chassis.

racepar1
07-13-2008, 11:47 AM
IT just does! My s-13 ran fine after my condenser caught on fire on a canyon run. I still put another one back in! Don't be lazy! It is supposed to be there.