PDA

View Full Version : seat belt retractors arent moving?

turbo june
07-10-2008, 08:11 PM
what sup guys.. just want to say i spent like 3 hours searching before i posted this. Everyone that ask this seems to get the same response. (i think nissan life time warranties seatbelts take it there)
Well i dunno if that true or not but anyway.. I put some 17x9 sportmax wheels on the other day and the tires were to big in the front so i was rubbing the harness in the driver fender wheel. I blew my wiper motor fuse and Im assuming i blew something with the seat belt retractors cause they arent moving anymore.. I fixed the harness taped and tucked it away nicely replaced the fuse for the wipers and they are golden.. But the seatbelt buckles arent moving. I c no fuses or relays for the seat belt retractors i also pulled u pthe center console with the ashtray and ebrake and replaced the seatbelt ecu and still nothing.. SO im assed out right now . If anyone knows what i proably blew or can steer me in the right path id appricate it.. Thanks guys

ecuastyle84
07-11-2008, 11:45 AM
i had the same problem with my seatbelt buckles...i ended up going to the junkyard and replacing it...$10, can't go wrong with that....may not be much help but i give that a try

HyperTek
07-11-2008, 11:48 AM
my fc, mazda did a lifetime recall back in the mid 90s.. i had to look for documentation on the internet and have them service it... But i dotn know if such ever exsisted for the 240???

you could always put 87-89 sentra seatbelts

awesomenick
07-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Use some manual sentra seatbelts. That's the best mod I've done to my car IMO.

nismo tuned s14
07-11-2008, 12:43 PM
manual for the win.

turbo june
07-11-2008, 04:32 PM
right now im just clipping the belt under the plastic almost where it should be. not safe but keeps me from getting tickets for now. I cant believe this cant be fixed its like a mystery problem for 240s im starting to see..

projectRDM
07-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Check ALL fuses, inside and out. One of them has to be blown.