PDA

View Full Version : WTB: S13 ABS Driveshaft (worth a Shot)

MrFairlady
07-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Even though i understand my Regular S13 WILL work w/ a J30 even though its a tad long...

Wanted to see if someone had a S13 (OEM or JDM) ABS Driveshaft they were selling?
Its a long Shot (I guess),..maybe someone went 1 peice and still has 1 laying around??

Obviously if you have an ABS Driveshaft that means you have an OEM VLSD correct?

If its too much$$$ I'll take my Chances w/ what i got...I'd rather know now before I bolt it up and prefer everything to be "as it should".

thanks

possible to Seperate and buy Just the Rear portion if thats what Makes the Shaft Shorter or is it the front section thats Shorter??Whatever would make Shipping eaiser I guess.
<------Still fuzzy on the whole OEM VLSD option/J30/JDM VLSD etc etc.

UNISA JECS
07-10-2008, 07:32 PM
I just sold one along with a J30 VLSD to my friend...

BTW all you need is the rear section, that the only parts that determines the lenght.

UNISA JECS
07-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Here are some pics of the ABS vs non-ABS DS:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/zilvia_album/P2030005-1.jpg

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/zilvia_album/P2030006.jpg

MrFairlady
07-10-2008, 07:36 PM
I just sold one along with a J30 VLSD to my friend...

BTW all you need is the rear section, that the only parts that determines the lenght.
Nice...had a feeling thats all that madeit Diff.
Out of Curiouosity (spell)...what would I find a shaft for that you've seen.

Got the Diff for $120 w/ axles the other day.Waiting on my SPL Mounts.Thought I'd check to see If i could find one.

Are ALL JDM Driveshafts Shorter.if i find one of those are my chances good of using that too?

thanks

UNISA JECS
07-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Nice...had a feeling thats all that madeit Diff.
Out of Curiouosity (spell)...what would I find a shaft for that you've seen.

Got the Diff for $120 w/ axles the other day.Waiting on my SPL Mounts.Thought I'd check to see If i could find one.

Are ALL JDM Driveshafts Shorter.if i find one of those are my chances good of using that too?

thanks

Its not a JDM thing, its weather the S13 has ABS or not, its somewhat rare to find ABS equiped S13 (well atleast for me it has been).

I just picked these up from SPL also, they fit right in with no pressing BTW:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u159/zilvia_album/P2140010.jpg

lordofthemiasma
07-12-2008, 10:08 AM
i have one. shipping wont be cheap but pm me if interested.

MrFairlady
07-12-2008, 12:27 PM
i have one. shipping wont be cheap but pm me if interested.

How much??

Any way you'd sell just the rear peice alone??
Maybe add a few dollars to it, that way shipping will be cheaper and Hopefully part is Not too much?

a New 1 peice custom shaft from Shaftmasters is only $200+ but,...I'd rather see what else is out there.

LEMME KNOW the price Shipped you would sell for the Rear section only shipped to N.C 28104.

mRclARK1
07-12-2008, 05:35 PM
I have an ABS rear section sitting on my shelf. PM me with an offer.

s13envy
07-13-2008, 07:35 AM
be careful about piecing a driveshaft together. They aren't going to be balanced anymore and you may end up with a slight to very bad vibration.

FWIW, i''m using a non abs driveshaft on a ABS s14 LSD and have had absolutely no problems with it what so ever