PDA

View Full Version : 4th cylinder wont spark

HIM
07-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Im getting no spark to my 4th cylinder, and Im debating what it might be. Any insight>?

Ill check the distributor tomorrow, but Just going to pop out the question so once I wake up tomorrow, so I can get shit handled.

My Dohc ka wont fire up, I can hear the air/fuel when I crank it and I even checked the fuel pump so I know its the spark.

essforteen
07-08-2008, 05:27 PM
what u can do is take the spark plug out of the 4th cylinder and place it on top of the valve cover with the wire attached dont forget to cut of the fuel when u do this and check to see if there is a spark if not you will know for sure it is spark but also try different spark plugs. well good luck and hope that helped

HIM
07-08-2008, 05:59 PM
what u can do is take the spark plug out of the 4th cylinder and place it on top of the valve cover with the wire attached dont forget to cut of the fuel when u do this and check to see if there is a spark if not you will know for sure it is spark but also try different spark plugs. well good luck and hope that helped

thats what I did to find out I had no spark =).
I just bought the spark plugs too.

Oki_drifter
07-10-2008, 09:38 PM
yeah i'm having the same thing happening with my SR....i'm thinking its something with the stock wiring I have in my car....but checking the whole electrical system tomorrow...i'll give you a heads up to maybe it can help you out.

redclaw05
07-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Have you tried the coilpack? maybe its bad.