PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Leather Wrapped steering wheel w/ Air Bag, knob too!

Icy13
07-08-2008, 04:51 PM
EDIT: Found and Bought, thanks for looking though
UPDATE: I found pictures of two possible wheels I would like. I will continue to search for them in sale fourms but I just don't know. Not to many people post these in my experience so I would like to keep this thread out there.

Kouki 180sx wheel with airbag
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ki_JDM_ds/ZWhip/DSC_0058.jpg

MOMO optional Wheel has red stitching
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d78/ki_JDM_ds/ZWhip/shin520104-img600x450-1214828753d7k.jpg

So basically, I inherited my s14 from my grandfather (passed away at 89 and drove stick to the end, period) and as he got on in years the interior of his 240sx fell into disrepair.

I am looking to restore and enhance this car, but to do that I need you leather OEM s14 steering wheel or another nissan wheel that will fit.

The features that I would like the wheel to have:
-Leather wrapped (pretty much a must)
- Nissan badge (or momo, as I know there is one they made with an airbag)
- AIRBAG (required, I am not going to remove safety from a DD)

I would be interested in basically any wheel, but please post a picture of what you are selling. I know that the s15 wheel is a popular choice, but i do not want the inconsistency in badging that the s15 would provide (it would not match the s14 Silvia look I am going for with the car).

I know that it is my responsibility to find what I want, but as most steeringwheels for sale on the forums are quick release or otherwise lacking in airbags, I was hoping that someone might have the OEM leather one laying around or access to another one that will work.

As for price, I understand that depending on what people have will vary wildly in price. Please post up a quote shipped to 75075 and we can work out details.

Thanks to anyone who looks, and please post or shoot me a pm with any general information you might have on steering wheels for the s14 that fit my description even if you dont have one to sell.

Thanks again,
Konrad

P.S. If you do happen to have a s14 leather wheel, can I have your knob to? I assume that you had a complete interior.

Oh, and thanks to ki_JDM_ds whom I shamefully borrowed these pictures from.

jrbump
07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
What are you willing to pay for a steering wheel and airbag?

This isn't a leather one, just the black one out of my 98 SE.

Icy13
07-08-2008, 05:47 PM
really looking to only buy a leather wrapped one. The current one is quite functional so I dont need a temp which is all a standard one would be. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the 240s that came with leather interior came with leather wrapped wheel and knob too, right?

Icy13
07-16-2008, 08:52 AM
update, please see above

seps
07-31-2008, 09:50 AM
really looking to only buy a leather wrapped one. The current one is quite functional so I dont need a temp which is all a standard one would be. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the 240s that came with leather interior came with leather wrapped wheel and knob too, right?

No, they didn't. My 1997 240sx SE w/ leather interior came with a grungy vinyl steering wheel. I quickly got rid of that horrible thing....

That said, I have a S15 Silvia steering wheel somewhere in my garage. Yes, it will fit the S14. Yes, it is leather. PM me if interested, then I'll go find it lol.