PDA

View Full Version : Gauge cluster clock on s13 going crazy?!

Got Sileighty?
12-18-2002, 10:40 PM
i just noticed something weird about my gauge cluster clock. on the night i bought it (2 wks ago), it went haywire for a while. it looked kinda like a digital watch that's been damaged. then after a few mins, it was working fine again. but then the other night, it happened again....actually it happened a few times that night.

whats interesting is that it was raining on both of those nights. so could it have something to do with the rain, or is that just coincidence?

chokudoriS13
12-19-2002, 05:32 PM
Yes, your gauge cluster is flooded. You must throw out your cluster...actually, might as well throw out the car before the problem spreads. Only you, Don, would actually post a thread about a haywire digital clock:D ... these people have bigger fish to fry :cool: :p

transient
12-19-2002, 10:21 PM
I disagree. That gauge cluster clock is quite useful. As for it going haywire, you should notice that when you pull on the little thing that is used to set it, it should come back to normal. I'm guessing that the clock isn't seated firmly enough. Eventually i'm going to take my cluster apart and see if there are some loose screws, but it's a bit cold out at the moment and it certainly isn't imperitive to fix as I can just pull on that thign (what the hell would you call that anyway?)

Apparition
12-20-2002, 07:01 AM
Only clock in my car, useful as hell. I know when I'm extremely late for work. :D

Check all your connections are solid like transient said. That'll make the display go whack, or on a bad chance, the display may just be dying. :(