PDA

View Full Version : car dies with throttle...

240srdet
07-07-2008, 08:13 AM
i parked my car earlier today and went to sleep and havent touched it for like 14+ hours. i started up the car and it sounded weird. i looked at the greddy boost controller, it was at -70ish w/o anything throttle. that seemed weird. it was idling at like 1300rpm. i has been idling for 1k+ for a few days and ignored it. it been sitting for half a day i expected it to idle kinda high. i tried to step on the throttle a little and it bogged out it. i started it up again and popped the hood. i looked around and seen smoke from the elbow/turbo area. i saw that the pcv hose to the block was split open. i assumed that the oil dripped on the downpipe and was burning off. i tried to give it some gas again and it died. this time it wouldnt start back up. i tried to start the car with wot and it wouldnt start. i thought it could be flooded. so i turned off the fuel pump and it started up but i had to turn on the fuel pump for it to keep idle. i would keep idle. i replaced the damaged pcv hose and it was the same problem. i checked my intercooler piping all of seem to be intact. everytime i start it i have to turn off the fuel pump to start and turn the pump back on to keep it idling. it was working perfectly fine before i parked the car. oh yea i went on the touge run that night, but after that i was able to drive to drink 30miles away and drive back. any ideas what could it be? any help would be appreciated.

sr20det blacktop
safc (didnt change any setting between the time the car was working and nonworking)
fmic
sr mafs
tubular manifold
aftermarket downpipe
straight pipe
exhuast
stock injectors
stock t25 turbo