PDA

View Full Version : -AN adapter powersteering setup

96Turbo
07-07-2008, 01:22 AM
hey. so i'm working on hooking up my high pressure line for the power steering system. I got (2) Earl's AN adapters for the pump and the rack. (both being o-ring style).

However, as you can see, the old high pressure line has a much longer fitting at the end compared to my new Earl's adapter.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/crazyhazey33/My%20S13/P6110007.jpg

And the second part of my question...I'm replacing the stock banjo bolt style fitting (directly on the pump) with an adapter going straight into the pump. I have an o-ring style adapter (even though i don't think its necessary).

So should i just get a crush washer for both of these ends? Neither, one or the other? Your help is much appreciated!!

NiSilS14
07-07-2008, 01:53 AM
get russell fittings they're longer, and will actually seal into the rack. I had this exact issue with the earl's fittings not completely bottoming out.

96Turbo
07-07-2008, 07:17 PM
hm...i just noticed that on summit. they're steel also, and a little more expensive. I'd really like to avoid paying $5+ in shipping on one little piece though. think mine will seal?? I'd like to make what i've got work.

burnsauto
07-07-2008, 07:41 PM
hm...i just noticed that on summit. they're steel also, and a little more expensive. I'd really like to avoid paying $5+ in shipping on one little piece though. think mine will seal?? I'd like to make what i've got work.

No one locally sells them? :coold:

NiSilS14
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
i'm sure you could use a crush washer, but i think it would start to leak over time

!Zar!
07-07-2008, 10:41 PM
I think it will work.

No reason why a crush washer would start leaking unless it wasn't tight in the first place.