PDA

View Full Version : Does this look like a firwall swap??? PIC

gotta240
07-04-2008, 11:54 PM
Looking at a car and the owner says the RHD conversion was done via firewall swap. Looking at the pic he sent me, it looks more like he just drilled and moved everything...right? Or does a RHD firewall look like that?

thanks

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/mrmikeman/DSC00417.jpg

Rnz520
07-05-2008, 12:38 AM
that doesnt look right at all, anyone else has any imput?

dued
07-05-2008, 12:44 AM
If you're considering purchasing this car, I would pass. The engine bay's condition speaks a lot about how he potentially took care of the rest of the car.

MTalon
07-05-2008, 12:45 AM
looks right to me. But it is missing the wipers!

Those holes on the right side in the firewall are for the a/c and what not. Usually there are rubber plugs filling the wholes

http://www.rhdimports.ca/images/s13-010.jpg

theres a real rhd. The firewalls are the same :-D

gotta240
great pic. Thanks and repped! If anyone else sees anything odd, let me know. Obviously its dirty as hell and missing the breather..lol.

s13drob
i think its jus redrilled. the usdm firewall would have the same shit on the passenger side if the jdm firewall had those. its clearly the Brake and clutch MC plus the column holes. get it patched up and welded if neccessary

s13drob
07-05-2008, 12:47 AM
looks right to me. But it is missing the wipers!

Those holes on the right side in the firewall are for the a/c and what not. Usually there are rubber plugs filling the wholes

theres a real rhd. The firewalls are the same :-D

wait... this guy has the answer. its a jdm firewall

PhAtXSuMo
07-05-2008, 12:54 AM
i dont know what ur title says... wtf is a firwall?

and to me it just looks like the brake booster has been moved

like why would there just be a black circle there... honestly

MTalon
07-05-2008, 01:08 AM
looks to me like the whole firewall was black. But possibly after it was welded he sprayed a primer over the welds? maybe to prevent rust all along the top where he welded?

Im not sure

bardabe
07-05-2008, 01:36 AM
looks half assed

Jung918
07-05-2008, 02:42 AM
dude, look at where the USDM wipers should be. You will notice it is white and dirty around it.
That is a USDM firewall. hahahahahah

I bet the USDM brake booster area was painted black due to his master leaking and peeling the paint off.

Addicted2Kouki
07-05-2008, 03:10 AM
Unless he only swapped the bottom half?
Looks suspicious.

gotta240
07-05-2008, 05:06 AM
i'm starting to think only the bottom half was swapped which is why he claims the original vin remains. The bottom half looks similar to the jdm one posted above.

and how does it look half assed? other than hella dirty?

wangan_cruiser
07-05-2008, 06:14 AM
i'm starting to think only the bottom half was swapped which is why he claims the original vin remains. The bottom half looks similar to the jdm one posted above.

open your eyes. you know better. that shit looks dirty and not being taken care of.

gotta240
07-05-2008, 07:54 AM
open your eyes. you know better. that shit looks dirty and not being taken care of.

Lol. Thats my specialty though. I find beat looking shit with a decent starting point. I also know the car is

-driven by a family man who is used to driving showcars
-the car has BONE STOCK suspension
-the car has stock rims and tires
-the car has open diff

I think cars in the above condition are typically LESS beat than a super clean looking car with FMIC, 2 way, coilovers, etc.

In all seriousness, other than being dirty as shit and looking pitiful, do you see anything obviously WRONG? I really dont with exception of missing crankcase breather.

DOOK
07-05-2008, 08:08 AM
other than it looking dirty, I don't see any issues... pull the SR, clean and paint everything and reinstall... I see no issues

bardabe
07-05-2008, 11:35 PM
no AC, wiring under dash is prolly a mess, wiring on the engine already looks like caca. the steering column prolly isn't renforced like OEM, ignition switch is prolly funky, the gas and trunk latch is prolly still ont he other side, and the list can fo on forever./.... yep.... forever.... I would know i did a few monkey RHD swaps ha ha. cheap people suck. do it right or don't do it at all in this case it looks like he went half way then said
"ehhhhh who needs ac anyway." he don't got a power steering belt either so the prolly sent that down the shitter too. oh my goodness lol

gotta240
07-06-2008, 01:26 AM
haha. now thats the info i was looking for. Good finds.

luisgonz
07-06-2008, 01:36 AM
no AC, wiring under dash is prolly a mess, wiring on the engine already looks like caca. the steering column prolly isn't renforced like OEM, ignition switch is prolly funky, the gas and trunk latch is prolly still ont he other side, and the list can fo on forever./.... yep.... forever.... I would know i did a few monkey RHD swaps ha ha. cheap people suck. do it right or don't do it at all in this case it looks like he went half way then said
"ehhhhh who needs ac anyway." he don't got a power steering belt either so the prolly sent that down the shitter too. oh my goodness lol

And thats why I charge a arm and a leg to do it right.LOL

brewster240
07-06-2008, 02:16 AM

exactly.:aw: