PDA

View Full Version : Boosted Dynamics quoted me...

12-12-2001, 08:22 AM
I have a 98 240sx.  I went to their web page and it said $4080 for an sr20det swap...I have an auto so I asked how much more to convert to the 5 speed and they said $600 more, which sounds pretty good to me.

I plan on doing this after my warranty is up on my car, and probably when I have around 125,000 miles on it.  I have about 56k on it right now.  I figure with a new engine, tranny, an turbo I'd practically have a new car.  I have questions though.

How much psi are the srdet20 running at stock?
How much psi can you put it up to if you get a boost controller?
Are there any websites for aftermarket sr20det parts?
Is fuel economy worse, the same, or better on these engines?
Anything else I should know?

Thanks guys,
Chance

12-12-2001, 08:36 AM
That does sound like a good price. I dono what they run stock, I think its like 4 or 6psi, the SR's turbo maxes out at 14psi. Couldn't you order aftermarekt sr20det parts from boostdynamics? I'm sure the gas mileage will be a bit worse than with your (stock?) KA. When you have more air going it (turbo) you have to put more fuel in as well. I've got a question to attach to this, whats the SR's redline? How about a revlimiter, where's that set at...does it even have one? Also, does jwt do ecu's for the sr?

12-12-2001, 08:57 AM
sr redlines at 7k

mistert
12-12-2001, 04:49 PM
i believe its 9psi for s13 and 11psi for s14, thats why its 220hp vs. 205hp. i might be wrong though, it might be 7psi for s13 and 11psi for s14? i do know that max boost on the turbo for s13 is 14psi, but isnt it a little higher on the s14, because of the T25R turbo vs. the T25 on the s13? im sure someone here knows this

AceInHole
12-12-2001, 06:42 PM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from krunko on 8:57 am on Dec. 12, 2001
sr redlines at 7k
</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
stock SR20DET redlines at 7.5k and is capable of going up to 8k. &nbsp;beyond that the rocker arms fall off.
as long as you stay away from the boost range (normal driving under ~3k rpms...) you could technically get better mileage, as you have a more restrictive exhaust and the engine is running N/A theoretically. &nbsp;If you keep going into the boost range (allowing your turbine to spool up) then you'll use more gas. &nbsp;It should all depend on the setup and driving style.