PDA

View Full Version : Ka not cranking.

Dirty Habit
06-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Dohc swap. Went to start it up for the first time and just a relay click can be heard under the dash and in the front drivers side. Thought it was the starter, had it checked at autozone, its working great. All the threads I have gone through, it ended up being the starter.
Any recommendations from anyone that has had this problem? Thank you.

I know this topic has been posted like a billion times, but I cannot find my answers through them. Hopefully you guys can help me figure this out. :hug:

Oh and the battery is completely charged, used a charger to check and etc. Instrument pannel comes on, doesnt dim. Just one click when key is turned.

Dirty Habit
06-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I have an auto chasis harness too, fyi. I have the plug behind the fusebox looped. Anything else that it could be?

Dirty Habit
07-01-2008, 12:45 PM
Ok. Now the starter is making a quick and steady number of clicks. Its trying. I hit it a few times to see if it would go.

Still no crank.

Dirty Habit
07-01-2008, 02:56 PM
And it was a bad ground. Now fuel pump isnt priming. Fuck.

Dirty Habit
07-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Sweet. Thanks for all the help guys!

It seems as if my ecu isnt turning on. Checked all the grounds. They seem fine, double checked to make sure I had all the same one hooked per the fsm. Now Im at a complete loss.

Cut the hot wired the fuel pump. It runs fine now. So its got fuel but no spark, and it sounds like it really wants to run other than the spark issue.

Dirty Habit
07-08-2008, 07:56 AM
+++Dont hate me for bumping this but for anyone else that had this problem, check your ecu. Right off the bat.

I had a bad ecu, put in a new one and reset the timing it fired up like a beast first try.