PDA

View Full Version : Car Cut off while driving after getting gas??

MrFairlady
06-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok I Was pretty low on Fuel..so i took a Short trip to the gas station to fill up for tomorrow...Stopped and got about 6 gallaons of 93 oct.
Drove off fine and was driving normally for approx 1/2 mile and the RPMS just Dropped/Died.

had to coast into my parnets neighborhood.car wouldn't start.
Everything Works (radio,Fuel Pump=walbro primes) etc
Vehicle Turns over/but won't Fire.Just keeps turning over and over..kinda how it would sound if the CAS was unplugged.

BAD GAS??
WATER IN GAS?
No I didn't put deisel in.

Checked Hoses (SMIC & vac),belts,Plugs,Fuel Pump Fuse - What next?

Pump gas out of my tank? replace Fuel Filter...get diff Fuel

WOuldn't bad gass cause it to just run Shitty??Water I have seen Before @ work...but Its like whatever is in there won't Ignite because the car just Cranks like theres no fuel.

My car has been running GREAT.Drove it all night last night.

Help?

((sr)) kelly
06-29-2008, 04:14 PM
that suck if they watered their gas down

DataXUnknown
06-29-2008, 07:53 PM
Check the simple things first? Spark plugs, fluids, maybe your fuel filter is clogged?

I'd burn the gas station down if they watered their gas down...

s14kouki_
06-29-2008, 08:04 PM
could be a gas station mistake and they put diesel on the regular pumps. happened to my moms brand new car, luckily it was still under warranty and was fixed free of cost.

MrFairlady
06-29-2008, 08:10 PM
could be a gas station mistake and they put diesel on the regular pumps. happened to my moms brand new car, luckily it was still under warranty and was fixed free of cost.

well working @ lexus we've seen this before.SOMEHOW people fit the Diesel Nozzle in thier cars When they are too big.can't tell you how many times thats happened.

But we did have 1 person actually get Water in his gas and we pretty much proved it.It was an older gas station as well.

Mine Was/Is a releativly New Station.

can't imagine the car would just shut down though.

What about the ignitor?? Could it be that?

garbury
06-29-2008, 08:16 PM
maybe you flooded it with your ecu trying to compensate for different gas (whatever ethanol blend they have). pull fuel pump fuse and crank until it starts, if not you can start looking deeper

MrFairlady
06-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Started Pumping all the gas out of the Tank already.I've got it to about 1-2 gallons left...and the pump took a shit.Broke.

Then was gonna replace the Fuel Filter even though its NEW (maybe has like 1000 miles) and put some type of injector Cleaner in it (even though I don't Like them).
My car prob needs it though.....i guess.