PDA

View Full Version : stripped sr20det block

JRwerks
06-28-2008, 03:19 PM
hey everyone well i was changing some gaskets on my turbo and i went to re-install my turbo and did everything right but i fuckeed upppp :bash:the last thing left to do was to bolt in the oil hard line from the turbo into the block and i bolted it in slightly sideways.... turned on the car oil sprayed out so i lift it back up and checked it out.... unscrewed the bolt then tried to screw it in straight and the bolt juss slipped in :( i cross threaded it... so now my block is stripped...

should i use a re-threadding kit? which i already have bought it at carquest or should i just make it bigger by using a bolt from the coolant line of the turbo it'll work we were checkking it out...

any suggestions or ways to fix this problem will be much appreciated thanks...

s13boy89
06-28-2008, 03:56 PM
if you could rethread it do it if not try something else

JRwerks
06-28-2008, 05:29 PM
ok thanks for the info

SexPanda
06-28-2008, 05:40 PM
If you rethread it, all those metal shaving will get into the oil. You might as well drop the pan and clean it up real good, just to be safe.

Better safe than sorry.

JRwerks
06-28-2008, 07:12 PM
hmmm good idea... same thing happened to my cuzzins bike he jusss used a vaccum and sucked them all outt

JRwerks
06-29-2008, 09:03 PM
shittt i was re threading it and now it broke off lmfao suxxxx so now i gotta pllug up the whole where the oil hardline bolts on tooo and now im getting a sandwhich plate for it ill juss run my turbo oil line threw there....

any ideas what i should use to plug up the oil whole with???

jskateborders
06-30-2008, 01:48 PM
jb weld that shit

JRwerks
06-30-2008, 02:59 PM
hahah thats what i was kinda thinking to jb weld, or quick steel does anyone know how much oil pressure goes threw there?

JRwerks
06-30-2008, 03:23 PM
Im Just Wondering Will It Be A Good Idea To Use A "sandwhich Plate" I Think Thats My Only Solution Now... What Will I Need Besides The Sandwhich Plate And Steel Braided Lines...?

nicku
06-30-2008, 07:02 PM
i did the same thing.
what I did was kinda complicated, but it worked very well for me.

I rethread it with a bigger size. And put a female to male fitting in there. The male side of course goes into the block. Buy a male to male fitting that fits the female side of the fitting on the block. So now your block's got two fittings if you still follow me. I bought some stainless steel line from ATP turbo. and buy another fitting or oil restrictor (male to male) to put on the turbo. Now both the block and the turbo have the male fitting. And the stainless steel line from ATP has both ends female ends. And connect them. Dont forget to apply some thread locker, too.

That sounds complicated, but actually it is not that complicated, and it works just fine.

lmk when you have any question

gunmetalr32
06-30-2008, 08:19 PM
i used a sandwhich plate for my sr20 before works great same problem..

JRwerks
06-30-2008, 08:21 PM
yea that would have been a good idea thats what i was trying to do but juss re threading it with a bigger bolt but the whole side piece where u screw the fitting in broke off so now u cant screw anything in the block..

JRwerks
07-02-2008, 12:00 AM
so anyone ever used a sandwhich plate??? for something like this?