PDA

View Full Version : Repairing door panel?

Jung2
06-25-2008, 05:40 AM
What is the best way to fix a cracked door panel? Has anyone done this? I was thinking of using fiber resin but not quite sure. Or is there any other way?
Your help us greatly appreciated

Thanks

ZX88
06-25-2008, 06:35 AM
What is the best way to fix a cracked door panel? Has anyone done this? I was thinking of using fiber resin but not quite sure. Or is there any other way?
Your help us greatly appreciated

Thanks

is it for an s13 or s14? if for an s13 i would just deal with it or go to a junk yard or find some one parting out a car and just buy a new one.

Jung2
06-25-2008, 02:51 PM
It's for an S14 and there is nothing at the junk shop. Local shop charges about $500 +- for each door. The door is not that bad it's just a few crack here and there. I just need to know what needs to be done to fix and reinforce the door panel to prevent it from cracking.

exitspeed
06-25-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't think you can actually repair it. Well not well at least. There was one thread on here where a guys uncle did it and did an amazing job. Unfortunately, h refused to let us in on the secret, and since his uncle owned a shop, I closed the damn thread cause he pissed me off.

My recommendation would be to replace it. I'd search the FS Section here and see if anyone has anything or post a thread in the WTB section.

SinisterSntra91
06-25-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't think you can actually repair it. Well not well at least. There was one thread on here where a guys uncle did it and did an amazing job. Unfortunately, h refused to let us in on the secret, and since his uncle owned a shop, I closed the damn thread cause he pissed me off.

My recommendation would be to replace it. I'd search the FS Section here and see if anyone has anything or post a thread in the WTB section.

lol who did that? :squintd:

Can you show me a picture of the crack? I might know of a couple ways it can be done....

projectRDM
06-25-2008, 04:17 PM
You can plastic weld it from behind then reinforce it with more ABS, but if the vinyl is torn you're going to have to recover it somehow.

xsparc
06-25-2008, 05:43 PM
The door panel is just pressd cardboard with some resin, if thats cracked just add more resin. no so much to make it brittle though.

Jung2
06-26-2008, 06:48 AM
The Vinyl is in good condition, it's just the fiber on the back that's crack. I'll go to napa tomorrow and see what I could find.... I'll share some pictures when I'm done.... again thanks