PDA

View Full Version : well great. whitish smoke all the time.

BustedS13
06-22-2008, 10:07 AM
the setup. my car hasn't run in about three years. we pull the engine, replace the clutch, replace the IACV, remove the EGR and AIV. put it back together. start it up. NOTE. i had pulled the harness to clean it up, and in the process cut off the old frayed and nasty o2 sensor plug. i forgot to put a new one on, so when we initially started it up, the o2 sensor was not connected. and it stumbled a bit, but it idled and didn't smoke.

so today i go in and put on a new connector and hook up the o2 sensor. everything seems cool. but then i take it for a drive, and about a block down the road, it starts smoking like mad. smokescreen of thin whitISH smoke. not pure white, not thick. i bring it home and let it idle, and it's more of the same, albeit not in the same volume.

any ideas? please tell me i don't need to pull this engine again. easy fix, guys. please.

Ninjabread
06-22-2008, 10:08 AM
Maybe just residue in the exhaust or something
If it smeels sweet, its coolant
blue tint to it its oil

was it overheating?

BustedS13
06-22-2008, 10:13 AM
Maybe just residue in the exhaust or something
If it smeels sweet, its coolant
blue tint to it its oil

was it overheating?

it doesn't smell sweet, it might have a bluish tint to it. and it's not overheating

Ninjabread
06-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Probably dry valve seals
my motor sat for 2 years before i installed it
and it used to smoke when you started it / sometimes for a while while you drove.

I was too lazy to do anything about it, i just always toped up my oil, but it didnt burn much

njd07
06-22-2008, 10:23 AM
does it smell like gas?? prolly running pig rich

BustedS13
06-22-2008, 11:04 AM
it kinda smells like gas. but that might just be my mind shutting down and demanding a simple solution.