PDA

View Full Version : Greddy infometer on an SR

burnsauto
06-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Hey guys, picked up a greddy infometer at formulad last week for dirt cheap ... it was more of an impulse buy, but eh..whatever.

My s13 is swapped, s13 sr.... will the infometer work with the swap?

the plug that goes off the engine harness ( right after the main blue plug for the ecu) that clips into the interior harness (for tach signal, ignition, etc,) is only wired up for the essentials.. i think a few wires weren't used when doing the swap.. would this prevent the infometer from working? ..or just prevent it from getting certain readings..?

thanks in advance.

aNskY
06-21-2008, 09:15 PM
well you'll need to wire up whatever you want to monitor. im assuming only like rpm, speed, temps, volts, etc basically "the essentials" so you should be good.

**ive never wired up an infometer just using some common sense. throw it in what have you got to lose?

iwishiwas-all*
06-21-2008, 09:19 PM
i thought it was obd2 only?

burnsauto
06-22-2008, 01:20 PM
i thought it was obd2 only?

no greddy gives you adapter plugs for both.

i figured i would have to look at some wiring diagrams, figure out what extra wires are needed to get all the readings (a basic a/f would be nice...even if it is off the stock sensor)

the essentials are already there, speed, rpm, water temp, etc etc.

my buddy got one the same time i did...and has a very similar setup... told me he was going to throw it in today, so i'll find out how it went with him.