PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine light on

dued
06-21-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi, I just got my car back from the mechanics and I noticed that my Check Engine light is on. They had to close soon so they weren't able to diagnose the problem. I'm going to need to drive my car today and tomorrow etc, and I would like to ask, how do I diagnose the check engine light? My car is 1995 240sx ka24de OBD I.

HalveBlue
06-21-2008, 02:50 PM
You should be able to pull codes off the ECU's light. I don't remember the procedure off the top of my head but it's listed in the FSM.

If anything, start off with disconnecting the negative battery terminal first for a couple of minutes to reset the ECU. If that doesn't work refer to the FSM to see how you can check ECU codes.

Good Luck!

joshchewuhh
06-21-2008, 02:54 PM
my check engone light came on and i changed my 02 sensor it turned off and i get sick ass MPG too!

Teddy
06-21-2008, 03:03 PM
^ No. Now you just get normal MPG. Your car just sucked your gas like 10 cent hooker.

dued
06-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. How do I get to the ECU on my car (s14)? Which panel do i take off, etc.?

sc ka24e
06-21-2008, 03:54 PM
passenger side kick panel/./ honestly just go to an auto zone and get them to lend u a scanner its free and plug it up to yur obd1 connector on my 95 its on the passenger side under and a lil to the left of the glove box... on 96 its under the steering wheel... i belive there is anotheron the driver kick panel but wutev...// pull that code and see whats up .. scanners are self explanitory just hook up turn only ignition on and select read code... u can also select freeze fram e and see when that code occures (engine rpm, coolant temp. etc) gl

DreamN
06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Dude, get an FSM! C'mon you've been here for 3 years and you're asking questions as if you've never seen a 240SX before.

http://240sxtechdvds.org/FSMs.html