PDA

View Full Version : Starter problems

mike_0678
06-18-2008, 12:56 PM
The old s13 is shitting on my life once again. So heres the deal. My starter for the previous few weeks has been getting progressively weaker every time I start the car. Until yesterday when it finally stopped working all together. I had power for everything. Lights, windows, and seatbelts all operated with full power so I knew the battery is ok. No clicking from the starter or anything. So i figured the starter went out. After all this I drive 50 miles home to get a starter and come clear back to fix it in a parking lot. I do this which takes 4 hours with a scissor jack holding the car up. Once its in the car starts up perfect and is fine. Today I start it up to go to class and the starter sounds way weak. GREAT!! I drive it to class and when I get out and try to start it it cranks once and then nothing. I checked the connections and they were tight so I have no idea what could be happening to kill 2 starters. Anybody have any clue what I can do?!?!!?

GSXRJJordan
06-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Honestly, most "starter" problems are actually battery problems. Weak starts have nothing to do with the starter, unless absolutely nothing clicks (then it can be the solenoid, an alarm, etc).

Recharge your battery and try again. If the starter you put in is actually good and you've got all your connections straight, that should do it :)

mike_0678
06-18-2008, 08:57 PM
I actaully don't have any clicking when the key is turned over. Also as I mentioned above I have power to everything. No less than when it's running. The windows go up fast and the seatbelts are the same. If the battery is bad wouldn't everything be affected? The starter I put into it is used, but I know it was good. Today it just cranked for less than a second and stopped, and then no clicking...

phatkatsquad
08-06-2008, 02:12 AM
:fawk2:well then fuck u

drftthatshit
08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
is you car stick at all just wondering cuz if it is you didnt have to drive 50 miles

slw240sx
08-06-2008, 10:04 AM
haha this thread is over a month old, he had a bad starter, replaced it with a starter from a 5speed, his is auto, they are different. so that didn't work, then found a good auto starter and problem solved.

Jon