PDA

View Full Version : belt noise

drftkng951
06-16-2008, 04:43 PM
i have a a stock KA motor and had the belts replaced probably like 15k ago.
it only makes the noise when the A/c is on. could it just need an adjustment or could it be the belt. any tips?

stupid nissan
06-16-2008, 05:45 PM
push on the belt if it is overly loose tighten up

frosti108
06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
remove the a/c :P

jk. yea see if its loose. it might be fine without the a/c clutch pully engaged, but once you turn it on and its actually being powered, the belt may be trying to slip..

drftkng951
06-30-2008, 08:59 PM
okay well... i got to check the a/c out today...finally.... well i noticed the tensioner adjustment bolt had the thread bare, like it had been lossened. it had the color of the bolt while the rest of the bolt was covered in dirt.... so i tightened it back to where the thread was covered in dirt. again like where it was originally... so i hopped in the car an checked the a/c..... i turned on the fan without having refrigerent on, but once i hit the a/c button it started screeching...
this mostly only happens when the car is moving.
any tips?

JDM671
07-03-2008, 01:31 AM
holy shit im not alone... but my problem is... when I turn on the a/c it screeches because the bolt in the middle of the pulley wants to spin. when its not supposed to. But everytime I tighten it...still no help. So im thinking theres something wrong with the pulley itself...help? on why the middle wants to spin. ty