PDA

View Full Version : Single wire o2 on sr20det?

bjones414
06-16-2008, 03:30 PM
I was going to try and replace the O2 sensor on my red top Sr20, and upon searching I found that it should be a three wire sensor. The one installed on the car is a single. Do I have the wrong harness in my car or something? The car runs extremely lean, and the engine is stock. I have a Walbro 255 installed and it still runs lean. I have changed the plugs and checked for boost and vaccum leaks, that all checked out ok.

g6civcx
06-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Heated = sensor heats up more quickly during a cold startup. Once the car warms up there's no difference between 1 and 3 wires.

At worst you should only have problems during warmup because this is where the difference is.

If your problem occurs when the car is warm then consider something else as the culprit.

bjones414
06-17-2008, 02:10 PM
I understand how a heated o2 works. The question I was asking is if my car should have a single or three wire o2 and what part number single wire o2 sensor should I be putting in the car if thats what it should have.

g6civcx
06-17-2008, 02:42 PM
I understand how a heated o2 works

If you understand then why does this information exist in your post?

The car runs extremely lean, and the engine is stock. I have a Walbro 255 installed and it still runs lean. I have changed the plugs and checked for boost and vaccum leaks, that all checked out ok.

The question I was asking is if my car should have a single or three wire o2 and what part number single wire o2 sensor should I be putting in the car if thats what it should have

You answered the first part of your own question in the original post:

upon searching I found that it should be a three wire sensor

The second part of your question can be answered by searching.

bjones414
06-17-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't understand your answers. I was simply asking if the Sr20 is supposed to have a three wire o2 sensor in it, then why would my harness only have one wire? If it should to have a single wire, then what would the part number be?

g6civcx
06-17-2008, 05:29 PM
if the Sr20 is supposed to have a three wire o2 sensor in it, then why would my harness only have one wire?

It's your car. How can anyone else know? Laziness/ineptitude on the person who did the swap? I don't know. Read any swap as you have done and you'll see that there are supposed to be 3 wires for the heated sensor.

If it should to have a single wire, then what would the part number be?

The premise of this question is flawed so the second part need not be answered.

bjones414
06-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Laziness/ineptitude on the person who did the swap? I don't know. Read any swap as you have done and you'll see that there are supposed to be 3 wires for the heated sensor.

thats what I was wondering, I bought the car swapped, and wasn't sure if the harness was just a converted harness or if the wires from the Sr harness were cut off. I guess my best option would be to get a new harness and start over. I just wasn't sure if there was a SR that came through with a single wire sensor and I was just missing it when I was searching for an answer.

thanks for your verification

zylvia213
06-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Should be 3 wires on the redtop sr hardness. Thats an easy search bro.