PDA

View Full Version : Another, "My SR wont start thread"

Tearlessj
06-15-2008, 05:28 PM
Well I installed my SR, its cranks but wont spark. I get fuel but no spark. I just replaced the CAS cause the one I recieved was busted. Ok, so I ran the multimeter on the ECU side of the ignitor clip (on the wiring harness). I got 12v on all the pins constantly. Even when I was NOT cranking it. Plugged in the ignitor, cranked the motor, checked the pins on the 'out" side of the ignitor and nothing. Any ideas?

Tearlessj
06-17-2008, 01:39 AM
Bump, Could it be the ignitor? Ecu? or wiring? I was told that the ignitor could be wired any way, as long as it was the same wire going through out the other side.

240esux
06-17-2008, 02:22 AM
check all your grounds like on the fuse box and stuff like that.it could be the ignitor. i had the same problem, and it was just cause my ignitor wasnt plugged in rite.:faint:

tt99ol
06-17-2008, 03:45 AM
did you check for constant power at the coils
center wire should be B+ with the key on
and check the coil harness ground on the back of the head
and the ground from back of the head to firewall

hstylez
06-17-2008, 05:37 AM
As mentioned, check your grounds per service manual. The valvecover needs a ground to it. I wasnt getting spark because mine wasn't grounded..

dori_sil8t
06-17-2008, 06:41 AM
when you put the motor in. did u switch the wires that plug into the body harness?.. if so the ecu ground thats located under the fuse panel on the pas side id check that too

FusionR240sx
06-17-2008, 10:28 AM
i'm having the same problem.
besisdes that my SR was in before and started and doesn't start anymore.

dori_sil8t
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM
when u put the new cas in did u have it at tdc and line up the mark on the cas? also check to make sure the plug is all the way clipd in too.

kafanylovesme
06-17-2008, 10:42 AM
If the ignitor is your problem, I have an extra one. PM with offer if you want it.

Tearlessj
06-20-2008, 12:26 AM
when you put the motor in. did u switch the wires that plug into the body harness?.. if so the ecu ground thats located under the fuse panel on the pas side id check that too
I dont quite understand what your saying. I did the harness via frsport. Thanks! Im about to go check all my grounds again.