PDA

View Full Version : I think my clutch died

RacerBoi
12-07-2002, 11:33 AM
About a few weeks ago I noticed my clutch was slipping when shifting at high rpms. I figured i whould wait and see how bad it got. So about a week ago it started slipping even just under heavy acceleration. Then last night I downshifted as to accelerate and my clutch pedal just stuck to the floor. Luckily i was close to a friends house so i could drive it there in 3rd gear. In the morning the clutch pedal was at the normal position but fealt very spongy and was extreamly hard to get into gear. So my questions are, do i need a new clutch (I assume so), and more importantly did i mess anything else up as well? I also have some aftermarket clutch q's but this post is long enough already. Thanks in advanced.

wpayne
12-07-2002, 11:47 AM
My clutch is going bad too. I my clutch only slipped once when I was accelerating hard on a hill but I'm trying to conserve it as much as possible. Also, it engages at the very end of the pedal stroke. But the wierd thing is, when I start from a stand still and it is at half clutch, the car shakes a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about that.

Natty
12-07-2002, 11:58 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wpayne @ Dec. 06 2002,1:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My clutch is going bad too. I my clutch only slipped once when I was accelerating hard on a hill but I'm trying to conserve it as much as possible. Also, it engages at the very end of the pedal stroke. But the wierd thing is, when I start from a stand still and it is at half clutch, the car shakes a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about that.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Sounds like the rod that goes to the clutch pedal needs to be adjusted. It's either not fully engaing or not fully dis-engaing.
Look arounf the slave and master cylinders for leaks too.
Jeff

s13zilvia
12-07-2002, 12:22 PM
Well my CRX used to have the same problem, the clutch would slip at the track, or as the say glaze over. I would let it sit for about an hour and It would get a little better. Eventually It just wouldnt hold at all at the track so I decided to change it to a exedy clutch, after that It didnt slip at all. So from my knowledge changing to an aftermarket clutch will solve the problem, sorry that I dont know more.

wpayne
12-08-2002, 10:58 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Natty @ Dec. 07 2002,12:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wpayne @ Dec. 06 2002,1:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My clutch is going bad too. I my clutch only slipped once when I was accelerating hard on a hill but I'm trying to conserve it as much as possible. Also, it engages at the very end of the pedal stroke. But the wierd thing is, when I start from a stand still and it is at half clutch, the car shakes a lot. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about that.</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Sounds like the rod that goes to the clutch pedal needs to be adjusted. It's either not fully engaing or not fully dis-engaing.
Look arounf the slave and master cylinders for leaks too.
Jeff</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
Thanks. Yeah, I already had the both cylinders replaced and it is still doing it. I don't think it is any thing with the rod. Could it possibly be my throw-out bearing or the pressure plate?