PDA

View Full Version : power steering high pressure line

greenthumbJones
06-12-2008, 06:48 PM
My high pressure line and the boot on the rack and pinion both leak. I have to top off the fluid once a week and it's become a pita. I was wondering if the boot kit from autozone will fix the leaking boot, and if i'd be better off repairing the hose or getting a new one. Is there a difference between the sohc and dohc rack and pinions? I was wondering because i'm thinking i can get a ka24de high pressure line new, but i don't know that it will bolt right on to the pump (SR) and steering rack(don't know if it's sohc or dohc or if it matters). Will dohc lines bolt right on to the SR power steering pump? I tried to search, but couldn't find a direct answer. I'd appreciate any help.

FRoSt415
06-12-2008, 11:47 PM
it should i dont see why not, get lines or used lines from a junkyard or auto parts store. make sure u have the high pressure line with the big goldish bolt and a crush washer. the lines bolts into the sr power steering pump. only reason why it wouldnt bolt up is if you have sohc powersteering lines, since the resivior is on the other side. racks are the same just lines are different. just be careful when putting the lines in the thread can get crossthreaded easy.

ryguy
06-12-2008, 11:51 PM
You need a new power steering rack or you need to rebuild the one you have. The seals inside the rack itself are shot, the boots are only dust boots and aren't actually supposed to have fluid in them. Remanufactured racks come with new boots too by the way.

greenthumbJones
06-13-2008, 08:46 PM
awesome. thanks for the help