PDA

View Full Version : SR a/c compressor pulley adjustment

greenthumbJones
06-12-2008, 06:15 PM
My a/c compressor doesn't line up with the pulley. It is the SR compressor on the SR motor, so I don't see why/how it's off. Right now, the belt is on there, but it hangs over on the compressor by one tooth. Will that hurt my compressor? I got a lightweight pulley set and new belts so I'd like to get them lined up while I'm messing around. Anyone know how to adjust that? I'm sure a lot of you have dealt with this same issue. Anyone who has, I would appreciate some help. I tried to search, not much on the a/c topic here....
-thanks

SoguRacing
06-12-2008, 06:58 PM
maybe the pulley is on backwards.

greenthumbJones
06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I didn't consider that. It was like that when I bought it.

greenthumbJones
06-12-2008, 07:22 PM
I thought I had read somewhere that you can adjust it somehow on the compressor. I'll post the solution when I figure it out.

SoguRacing
06-12-2008, 07:32 PM
i know that there's a compressor tensioner but i'm not sure about adjusting the pulley on the compressor its self.

greenthumbJones
06-12-2008, 07:40 PM
I meant the two pulleys don't line up with each other. so when you put a belt on there, it hangs over one tooth on the compressor. would adjusting the tensioner help that and, if so, how do I do that? I appreciate the feedback.

greenthumbJones
06-13-2008, 08:58 PM
i'm stuck here. the tensioner lines up with the crank perfectly. the compressor is the only thing that doesn't line up. it's pushed back somehow. i had a buddy look at it and he said the bracket or compressor is off, to oblong the bolts on the bracket to line it up. surely there's a better way; it's the SR bracket and compressor on the SR motor. what the h*ll is the problem here?!