PDA

View Full Version : The White Smoke??????

Sreds13
06-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Ok so here it is my unexpected issue I just dropped an Sr redtop into my s13. Sounds great and it is but a problem has emerged. I'm at about 500 miles since I first drove the newly built car and all has worked great. The other day I started the car and took off came to a stop and when I took off a cloud of white smoke poured out of my exhaust. After that first time it never did it again for the rest of the day. Next time I took the car out I let it warm up and all was fine. Yesterday was the first time I started it up and took it out in about a week so I let her warm up ( a little bit of four play before taking her full throttle. ) I hit the road come to my first stop sign and as I'm waiting for the intersection to clear I notice the smoke again as I come off of the clutch and gas it up more smoke soon fallows by second gear it stops, next stop sign it smokes again this time I'm able to get into fourth gear and it never smoked for the rest of the day. What is this I thought head gasket but the oil is fine not milky, my water level in my rad stays as is and with it stopping after 1st gear what the fuck is causing this??? Let me hear what ideas or diagnosis you have.

punxva
06-10-2008, 05:27 PM
i'd venture to say you've got some build up on the valves, or its just condensation, maybe try running some seafoam through it

WISH ONE
06-10-2008, 05:37 PM
you have the right amount of oil in it? sounds like youre blowing oil out of the exhaust.maybe a bad pcv

punxva
06-10-2008, 05:49 PM
oil is usually darker water/coolant is typically the cause of white smoke and condensation

HalveBlue
06-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Blown turbo might be the culprit.

Too much oil will also cause similar problems and will often times look like faint white smoke.

WISH ONE
06-11-2008, 06:35 PM
im thinking its oil. ex. we always have sentras come in with similar issues, from people taking their car to get serviced at independent shops and overfilling its easy to do since they only take like 2.8 qts. Does the car have a lack of power at times? how are all the rubber gaskets on the valve cover?