PDA

View Full Version : pop up headlight problem

driftn_silvia
06-10-2008, 12:16 PM
my problem is that when i try to turn on my pop up lights they turn on but wont retract up, only if i flash the high beam. when i turn off the headlights they retract down but the one on the left stays on...even if the headlight switch is off. and the pop ups are down.

i checked all the relays and the plugs??

anyone with any ideas???? please.

spoolandslide
06-10-2008, 12:23 PM
maybe there is a poltergeist among your vehicle...

driftn_silvia
06-10-2008, 02:11 PM
ok so i changed the motor on the retract and the bulb and it worked.

flip3d
06-10-2008, 04:44 PM
probably your switch. mine wouldnt go down. button wouldnt work. relays were fine. turned out to be the switch.

driftn_silvia
06-10-2008, 04:58 PM
probably your switch. mine wouldnt go down. button wouldnt work. relays were fine. turned out to be the switch.

so ur talking bout the switch on the left hand side...too keep the headlights to go down when up???? if so how would it affect it if its off???

veeates36
06-10-2008, 05:04 PM
yea, might be the switch. I remember i was switching my switch with what i thought was a better looking replacement and while this newer switch did turn my headlights on it, it did not make them "Pop-up" so my headlights would be on, only they were also closed.. Try to find one at a junk yard.. you might be lucky and have a quick & cheap fix.. Good Luck

miklos
06-10-2008, 05:07 PM
I had that problem........the motor was shorting out from a bad relay.

I put in double relays on each headlight motor and no problems since.

1 relay for up & 1 relay for down on each side.

driftn_silvia
06-10-2008, 05:43 PM
I had that problem........the motor was shorting out from a bad relay.

I put in double relays on each headlight motor and no problems since.

1 relay for up & 1 relay for down on each side.

it sounds too much trouble...hopefully its just the switch.

koolcat
06-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Well just to make you feel better, well maybe, i cant even put my light down and i don't know why, it happens to me b4 then it stops and now it happens again. Everytime i turn my light off it won't go down but pop the fuse in the engine bay, so i don't know how to find the short and so im stuck with it. Well good luck on urs

miklos
06-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Try a new motor from the junkyard....if it burns out....it is a short

D.Bo
06-15-2008, 12:01 PM
i have a similiar problem. my pass. headlight doesnt go up and the high beam didnt work so i replace the headlight switch and it fixed the hi/low beam problem but no the headlamp goin up. so then i tried replacing the pop up button wit another one. now my dash light dont work.:( checked fuses one was blown. replace it but still didnt fix the problem. goin to replace the relays tomorrow.