PDA

View Full Version : clutch option and help.

C-unit
06-10-2008, 02:41 AM
I am currently shopping around for clutches and I would like more opinion on them.
I am looking for same twin plate right now and here are my choices.
Exedy Hyper Multi twins
ORC twin plate
Blitz Active twins

My current set up is S13 red top with GT3076. Is there other options that you guys suggest??

Also, I've been looking for Carbon clutches, however, the price is abit steep. Does anyone know whats the benefit on them? I read on exedy's site that they will have 2.3times of life span and can take 1.6times more torque than metal disc. Does anyone has a carbon clutch that you want to share your experience??

Dousan_PG
06-10-2008, 10:10 AM
haha its a catch
you go twin plate youneed to upgrade your transmission
SR trannies wont hold the 400 very well or very long with some really hard driving
ive seen friends break z32 trans on twin plates as well making 450whp

carbon (unsprung disc) broke voskos SR trans on his first run with like 390whp or so

what power you making?
id say singleplate and z32 transmission if u can
carbon if its sprung only!

1QUICK4
06-11-2008, 12:57 AM
ACT 6 Puck, that's what I run and a friend of mine runs one in his 421hp 240 with a 75 shot of nitrous. Lots of daily driving and lots of passes down the drag strip and his holds up fine.

C-unit
06-11-2008, 01:50 AM
I am planning to get the whole clutch assembly because my motorset doesnt come with a clutch so the ACT doesnt really do it for me.

I don't know what power I am going to make but I am planning to just do 350whp right now until I have money for Forged internals. The car is my daily drive and I only attend drift / auto X once a week.

I am planing to order a Nismo 6spd close ratio gearbox but I don't know if they are any better than swapping to VQ gearbox.

Meng1988
06-15-2008, 07:24 PM
If you are planning to make around 350 why would you need a multi plate clutch. Single will do just fine.

1QUICK4
06-15-2008, 08:53 PM
I am planning to get the whole clutch assembly because my motorset doesnt come with a clutch so the ACT doesnt really do it for me.

Whole clutch assembly?

I have always run act clutches in everything I have owned. From my experience they last a long time and hold up to the power.

Why do you specifically want a twin disc?

Modrified
06-15-2008, 10:13 PM
stay single. i personally know five people with the exedy hyper single with 400+ whp cars and they tell me it's great. i drove one of their car and its just perfect. and like dousan said, tranny is another issue.