PDA

View Full Version : Hicas ps pump interchangeability

e1_griego
06-09-2008, 12:53 AM
I have a friend in need of a hicas ps pump for his ka24de. I just pulled a hicas pump from my SR clip-- will the pump swap over and work on his ka? I'm assuming that he would have to use the KA bracket and pulley to make it work, but just wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks!

Alex

MELLO*SOS
06-09-2008, 01:04 AM
I don't know if it would work or not... Probably since most PS pumps and alternators seem interchangable with a little modification...

But I have a favor to ask, I assume you have the Hicas PS res? Is the feed hose from the res to the pump ~20mm ID, and the fitting on the res ~20mm? Non hicas KA24DE res is 15mm but RB Hicas pump is 20mm, which is why I'm asking...

GL to your buddy sorry I couldn't help --

e1_griego
06-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Actually, I pulled the motor from the clip at a local shop, and left the reservoir there (in the garbage lol--didn't think it would be useful/sellable).

Sorry.

Alex

MELLO*SOS
06-09-2008, 01:12 AM
LOL np. If u get a chance can you measure the inlet on the pump? If it's ~20mm OD that'll answer my question also... Trying to figure if I need any old Hicas res or specifically a skyline res. Haven't ever seen a Hicas s13 at the JY or otherwise to look at/measure. sry for the 'jack... free bump? GL to u & your buddy.

e1_griego
06-09-2008, 01:14 AM
No worries at all! I will be up there tomorrow and search for the res :)

Alex