PDA

View Full Version : Cont-Passive Belt Module

JDM_eightSIX
06-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Hey guys I am trying to figure out what this module is and if it will hurt anything if I remove it? I assume its for the seat belts seeing it says Cont-Passive Belt. If thats the case I have no factory seat belt hardware in the car anymore, everything was removed. Hopefully you can help me out. Sorry for the crappy pictures I took them with my iPhone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/JDM6thgen/IMG_0230.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/JDM6thgen/IMG_0229.jpg

AKADriver
06-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Yes, that's the controller for the automatic seat belts.

Yes, you can remove it if you have swapped to manual belts or harnesses. Drop it on the floor just for the satisfaction of ignoring the warning. :D

JDM_eightSIX
06-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Yes, that's the controller for the automatic seat belts.

Yes, you can remove it if you have swapped to manual belts or harnesses. Drop it on the floor just for the satisfaction of ignoring the warning. :D

Thats funny because I said I was going to do that if it wasnt needed.

But its not going to affect anything? I cant tell seeing their all wrapped together but the wires that run down the middle of the picture have 2 sets of wires breaking off going to the shifter. Is that anything pertaining to the module?

projectRDM
06-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Remove it. Leave the plugs taped up right where they are. You're not affecting anything.

g6civcx
06-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I have removed the seatbelt ECU. I also followed every single wire and removed all unnecessary wires from the harness. Anything that doesn't Tee off to something else can be clipped and sealed.

Then I threw away all Nissan wiring and did my own custom wiring. Much simpler and easier to troubleshoot because I designed it.

JDM_eightSIX
06-06-2008, 03:23 PM
I have removed the seatbelt ECU. I also followed every single wire and removed all unnecessary wires from the harness. Anything that doesn't Tee off to something else can be clipped and sealed.

Then I threw away all Nissan wiring and did my own custom wiring. Much simpler and easier to troubleshoot because I designed it.

Yeah that's kinda the route I'm going to be taking. Clean it all up and get rid of unnecessary wires.