PDA

View Full Version : should my motor be running like this?

blahz36
06-02-2008, 09:26 PM
okay, well my car feel like it running like shit... so i what you guys be the judge on that.. this motor is a S14 sr20det

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_LCifePIxg

mod:
fmic
greddy type rs bov vent to air
3 inch downpipe
2 1/2 inch exhaust

oh yeah.. my temp gauge doesnt work.. what could be the problem? it used to work before

khilgers
06-02-2008, 09:30 PM
I would have to say recirculate your BOV and you should be fine. It started running like this when you put the FMIC, BOV, DP, and exhaust on? You can also try cleaning out your idle air control valve, that would also help out a little.

blahz36
06-02-2008, 09:33 PM
I would have to say recirculate your BOV and you should be fine. It started running like this when you put the FMIC, BOV, DP, and exhaust on? You can also try cleaning out your idle air control valve, that would also help out a little.

to admit.. i dont really know, cause i got the car like this..

khilgers
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
I just pulled my BOV apart, cleaned it, oiled the piston, re-installed and that seemed to do the trick. You can try that and clean your IACV and that should help with the stumbling idle.

duffman1278
06-02-2008, 10:03 PM
That shouldn't be happening to the idle, I have a Type RS, and even before I recirculated it, it would not drop my idle that low. You might need to adjust the spring on your BOV.

GSXRJJordan
06-02-2008, 11:27 PM
Without knowing what you're doing to the throttle, it looks like you just might have a BOV that isn't set right. You're pulling plenty of vacuum (20 in/hg is great), but the stumbling idle and the fact that it wants to die after you rev it leads me to believe you've got a dirty IACV and a BOV that isn't tight enough.