PDA

View Full Version : Running rich at idle Code 11

silversr
06-01-2008, 02:55 PM
This has been going on since last year and now its finally given me a different code this time which is for the cam position, how would I test it, the same way as the s14 fsm says? I tried and I can't get a reading yet... my afr are 14.0 and up for cruise 11.3 boost and 11.2 below for idle as you can tell it wants to die while at idle. Since its getting warmer out the car has a hard time starting when hot but once its started and running its runs okay until you park then it just runs really rich and wants to die. I had the timing at 15 degrees 2nd mark from the right using the spark plug wire to coil method.

silversr
06-03-2008, 06:28 AM
I tried changing the timing again(erased the cel) but with the loop this time at 15 degrees the wideband is showing perfect afr's but the car runs like shit, feels like its making the turbo work harder but no power so I changed it back using the plug method. I'll check to see if I have any leaks or anything.

Sileighty_85
06-03-2008, 10:47 AM
check for Vacuume leaks and clean out you IACV, usually hot start problems are caused by a bad Coolant Temp Sensor(for the ECU) which will also cause your engine to run rich

silversr
06-03-2008, 02:33 PM
but would it throw a code if it were cts?