PDA

View Full Version : s14 sr20 FMIC pipes on S13

DarkRaptor42
12-02-2002, 10:18 AM
The title might seem kind of deciving. Im setting up a KAT and piping is my issue right now. I wanted to find the pipes already made like from an SR20 FMIC kit. And I did. But the ones I found for the price I want are from an S14. Will these fit my S13 the same way? I Couldnt really figureout why they wouldnt. From what Ive seen the S14 engine bay is the same layout and Size as the S13. I Dont know but I know you SR20 guys would know for sure. Your input is appreciated. Thanks

Raptor

Foxcolt
12-02-2002, 10:28 AM
You'll be fine with the hot pipe.

The cold pipe (from the throttle body to the intercooler) is a whole different story. I don't belive that the TB is in the same location as the KA (Actually I know it's not).

One solution is that you buy the fmic kit then have the cold pipe modified to fit your ka. or have them completly make piping for you and buy a spearco unit. Either way your gonna have to have a shop modify/make piping.

Honestly unless you getting a great price on the fmic both options will probably come out to be the same price wise. Keep in mind that with an s14 fmic kit for an SR you will have to cut the bumper support, move the battary and with the intercooler itself you will have to cut the frame.

Actually that brings up another point I forgot to mention. Mounting points of both units are completly different. I originaly had a greddy s13 in mounted on my s14 and it fit like crap. Granted with some extra work I coulda got it to fit well but I ended up (for reasons beyond my control) getting an s14 IC. That fit great. I suspect your going to have to make custom mounts for your s13. Not a super big deal but worth mentioning.

G'luck!
Jed

Steeles
12-02-2002, 11:24 AM
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Foxcolt @ Dec. 02 2002,11:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You'll be fine with the hot pipe.

The cold pipe (from the throttle body to the intercooler) is a whole different story. I don't belive that the TB is in the same location as the KA (Actually I know it's not).

One solution is that you buy the fmic kit then have the cold pipe modified to fit your ka. or have them completly make piping for you and buy a spearco unit. Either way your gonna have to have a shop modify/make piping.

Honestly unless you getting a great price on the fmic both options will probably come out to be the same price wise. Keep in mind that with an s14 fmic kit for an SR you will have to cut the bumper support, move the battary and with the intercooler itself you will have to cut the frame.

Actually that brings up another point I forgot to mention. Mounting points of both units are completly different. I originaly had a greddy s13 in mounted on my s14 and it fit like crap. Granted with some extra work I coulda got it to fit well but I ended up (for reasons beyond my control) getting an s14 IC. That fit great. I suspect your going to have to make custom mounts for your s13. Not a super big deal but worth mentioning.

G'luck!
Jed</td></tr></table><span id='postcolor'>
that cold pipe will definately have to be modified. &nbsp;the S13 kits would be alot closer to your TB than the S14 kit. &nbsp;I orderd an S14 IC kit for my S13 SR (ordered the kit for the chassis not thinking about the engine) &nbsp;the cold pipe will sit too high and not angle down towards the TB. &nbsp;the S13 SR sit *close* to the same way as the KA its really off I can send you pics of the S14 cold pipe sitting on TOP of my TB.