PDA

View Full Version : 240 dumping fuel..

Saviorsoul
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Ok, so this is my problem.. My car is smoking from to much fuel being dumped... I took my fuel rail off to observe which one is doing it, they ALL are.. Is it normal for when you turn your car in the run position with the injector wires unplugged, for them to STILL squirt MASS amounts of fuel as soon as the car is turned to the on positon? (I know my MAF is bad, but I can't imagine it would affect my injectors this bad, at this point.. could it?)

I've swapped my fuel rail to make sure it wasn't blocked from random trash, my filter is new, the lines that went to my charcoal cansiter are plugged, (all emissions removed) I also have all new injectors with all new good O-Rings.. (My friend says it looks like the injectors are leaking from around where it should be injecting... i tried to match the OEM#'s for my injectors at Autozone, but neither of the #'s matched Nissan's part number...

Nissan part# - 1660053F01

Autozone part#1 -1660053F00

Autozone part#2 -2210040F00

The first pt# is the one I got from autozone... I figured maybe a glitch in the system cuz all # are right except the alst for Nissan# and Autozone pt1#.... So I THINK, that I have the right injectors....

I'm babbling, I'm so lost with my project its ridiculous.. Can someone please help me before I scrap my 240..:rl:

Its 1991 Nissan 240sx KA24DE

!Zar!
05-28-2008, 10:08 AM
What color is the smoke, and why do you think it's caused by the fuel system?

aNskY
05-28-2008, 10:17 AM
did you use some lube on the orings when you installed the injectors into the rail? if not you probably tore all of them hence leaky injectors

dorkidori_s13
05-28-2008, 10:30 AM
sounds like your MAF or your fuel pressure regulator...may want to try checking those out before ne thing else man...if your FPR is stuck open...it will dump tons of fuel as there is nothing regulating the amount of fuel being dumped into the fuel rail

and are you sure your car is smoking from being in a rich state...alot of people mistake a very lean state for running rich...your car will smoke in a lean state as well

get yourself a wideband and diagnose the problem correctly before changing out tons of parts

but again...its prolly the FPR or the MAF

dorkidori_s13
05-28-2008, 11:23 AM
Is it normal for when you turn your car in the run position with the injector wires unplugged

yes...its normal for the car to crank when the injectors are unplugged...the starter is still functional...therefore your engine will turn when the ignition switch is engaged using your key

for them to STILL squirt MASS amounts of fuel as soon as the car is turned to the on positon?

this is normal as well...this is how the motor primes the itself for starting...there has to be some gas in the cylinder chamber for the engine to ignite when it wants to start...this happens on all fuel injected motors

Saviorsoul
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
What color is the smoke, and why do you think it's caused by the fuel system?

The smoke is whiteish grey like a coolant leak/blown headgasket, but smells horribly like gas. My motor was just rebuilt, and my headgasket is not leaking, I checked and made the machine shop come check it out themselves as well.

SleeperSx
05-28-2008, 11:39 AM
sounds like a faulty pressure regulator to me.

Saviorsoul
05-28-2008, 11:40 AM
did you use some lube on the orings when you installed the injectors into the rail? if not you probably tore all of them hence leaky injectors

I used a little oil on the rings, they aren't torn, I've taken them out after replacing them to make sure they weren't. They're fine.:bash:

Saviorsoul
05-28-2008, 11:41 AM
sounds like your MAF or your fuel pressure regulator...may want to try checking those out before ne thing else man...if your FPR is stuck open...it will dump tons of fuel as there is nothing regulating the amount of fuel being dumped into the fuel rail

and are you sure your car is smoking from being in a rich state...alot of people mistake a very lean state for running rich...your car will smoke in a lean state as well

get yourself a wideband and diagnose the problem correctly before changing out tons of parts

but again...its prolly the FPR or the MAF

Well I KNOW for a fact that the MAF is bad, but it would affect the fuel injectors enough to cause them to smoke?...

Saviorsoul
05-28-2008, 11:42 AM
sounds like a faulty pressure regulator to me.

When I swithced my fuel rails, I used a different FPR. (though it is still old) BUT it my friend says it was off a running KA.

SleeperSx
05-29-2008, 06:50 AM
Well I KNOW for a fact that the MAF is bad, but it would affect the fuel injectors enough to cause them to smoke?...

If the MAF is Bad then Yes it will cause a Rich or Lean Problem. Change it!!

LA_phantom_240
05-29-2008, 07:32 AM
If the injectors are plugged in, then yes the MAF will cause rich or lean... but there's mass amounts getting past the injectors with them unplugged. THAT's the problem here. The car fucking runs with the injectors unplugged! lol. I wish I had a video of it...

"Oh yeah? Can your Honda do this?!?"

Eric, just give up on this shit.

aNskY
05-29-2008, 08:15 AM
has to be faulty/incorrect injectors. how would fuel get past the injectors if theyre not spraying/orings torn?

SleeperSx
05-29-2008, 09:37 AM
Yeah its Def faulty injectors if the Fuel is getting past them with it un plugged. Have you tried sticking a needle up to the little valves in the end of the injector? They might be stuck.

LA_phantom_240
05-29-2008, 11:18 AM
They're all brand new. AutoZone had two different part numbers for his 240's injectors. I keep telling him he got the wrong ones, and to put the injectors that were in the donor fuel rail back in and see if the problem persists... but he's stubborn and keeps bitching, "They're new injectors, I'm gonna put old shit back in my car. I just paid a ton of money for them!"....

aNskY
05-29-2008, 11:47 AM
well sohc injectors are different, but i dont see how you would even confuse them.

frosti108
05-29-2008, 02:39 PM
...if your FPR is stuck open...it will dump tons of fuel as there is nothing regulating the amount of fuel being dumped into the fuel rail

actually if your FPR is stuck open, it will cause low fuel pressure and a lean condition. in the coarse of the fuel system, the FPR sits after the injectors; holding the fuel in the rail (not regulating how much fuel gets into the rail :bigok:

Savior- did u pull the injectors and rail out together? and all of them just purge fuel? :confused:

LA_phantom_240
05-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Okay here's the skinny. He bought another fuel rail from a friend of ours, which happens to own my first s13, and happened to be the donor car. I know for a fact that the injectors in my s13's rail didn't leak. He took the injectors out of the donor rail, and put his new injectors in and hooked it back up. When he puts the key in the run position and the pump turns on, fuel squirts from around the outsides of the injectors, not the nozzles on the injectors themselves.

dorkidori_s13
05-29-2008, 04:48 PM
uh...no one has asked this

you didnt by chance hook your fuel lines up backwards did yah? (like put the return line on the fuel filter and the sending line on the return outlet)

LA_phantom_240
05-29-2008, 05:12 PM
We thought about such, but they don't look crossed. Old hoses kinda keep their own shape.

frosti108
05-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Okay here's the skinny. He bought another fuel rail from a friend of ours, which happens to own my first s13, and happened to be the donor car. I know for a fact that the injectors in my s13's rail didn't leak. He took the injectors out of the donor rail, and put his new injectors in and hooked it back up. When he puts the key in the run position and the pump turns on, fuel squirts from around the outsides of the injectors, not the nozzles on the injectors themselves.

somethings up with the o-rings for sure.

theyre either bad, or the wrong ones. either that or make sure the new injectors look exactly the same as the old ones. i couldnt imagine you putting top feeds into a sidefeed rail or something silly like that, and all the fuel just coming out of the rail LOL

oh and if you did happen to switch the lines by accident, it wouldnt cause fuel to squirt out from around the injectors... it would just be going into the FPR the wrong way and you would have low fuel pressure and a lean condition so bad it wouldnt even start

LA_phantom_240
05-29-2008, 08:14 PM
somethings up with the o-rings for sure.

theyre either bad, or the wrong ones. either that or make sure the new injectors look exactly the same as the old ones. i couldnt imagine you putting top feeds into a sidefeed rail or something silly like that, and all the fuel just coming out of the rail LOL

oh and if you did happen to switch the lines by accident, it wouldnt cause fuel to squirt out from around the injectors... it would just be going into the FPR the wrong way and you would have low fuel pressure and a lean condition so bad it wouldnt even start

No, it started lol.