PDA

View Full Version : SR20DET with air condition ?????

zaquanh
05-27-2008, 05:34 PM
ok so i need some things figure out here

i have an sr20det i want ac , i know about the whole thing about the lines and cutting and re welding , well i dont have the sr pieces that fit in the compressor. soo

the questions i need answer is this ..

ive ben told that the KA hoses fit the SR but they hose hits a pipe so u cant bolt it up ,, is that true?

ive also ben told people use a nissan pathfinder pully on one of the compressors , wether it was a SR or KA compressor im not sure ??

ive ben told that the KA compressor bolts up to the SR but only has like 3 screws that will fit .is that true?

then there is these

(the first ansd second are the same person but different sites )
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=153792
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zerothread?id=298648

http://www.geocities.com/acbrackets/
http://www.onetongarage.com/

except everyone making brackets dont sell them or there not made yet
soo..

does any one know of other options?
or know any one with a cnc machine that can make the bracket?

HemiCharger
05-27-2008, 05:42 PM
get an a/c guy to fab you some lines for the low side the high side from the ka should hook up

g6civcx
05-27-2008, 05:43 PM
Use all KA parts. All you need is a bracket.

zaquanh
05-27-2008, 06:05 PM
Use all KA parts. All you need is a bracket.

look at my post theres 2 people that makes brackets one company says there still in making and the other isnt ready

are you talking about another kind of bracket

zaquanh
05-27-2008, 06:07 PM
get an a/c guy to fab you some lines for the low side the high side from the ka should hook up

lines aren't a problem to have made but what about the fittings that go in the compressor aren't KA hose fittings bigger?

juls213
05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Hey buddy I am in the same struggle, I have a redtop in an s14 and want AC. Here is what i did, The s13 redtop bracket bolts up, the s14 ka compressor bolts up with 2 bolts but its 1 1/2 inches away from the belt so I am going to find the pathfinder pulley this weekend and hopefully it works out.

JTunedMotorsports
05-27-2008, 06:29 PM
i used sr pump and bracket..its best if you can get this

i had jdm suction line
i had usdm sohc r12 suction line

used conversion oil and charged it with 134a at work..ice cold...

i went to a shop that makes ac lines and they

cut off the jdm line end with the oil accumulator on it...(tank looking thing) on it
cut off the male threaded end on the usdm sohc line bc the line u make needs to mate up with the chassi hardline that runs from the passenger side. then in btw was a rubber crimped line with a r134 low pressure side fitting..make sure you tell the guy low pressure its small than the high pressure line.oh i also used orange high temp fire shielding so the line does not get sinzed....any ? just pm me..Jim

zaquanh
05-27-2008, 06:37 PM
i used sr pump and bracket..its best if you can get this

i had jdm suction line
i had usdm sohc r12 suction line

used conversion oil and charged it with 134a at work..ice cold...

i went to a shop that makes ac lines and they

cut off the jdm line end with the oil accumulator on it...(tank looking thing) on it
cut off the male threaded end on the usdm sohc line bc the line u make needs to mate up with the chassi hardline that runs from the passenger side. then in btw was a rubber crimped line with a r134 low pressure side fitting..make sure you tell the guy low pressure its small than the high pressure line.oh i also used orange high temp fire shielding so the line does not get sinzed....any ? just pm me..Jim

see my whole this is i dont have the JDM side cuz i know that has a smaller fitting on it which is why people get it cut and rewelded but i dont have one ,

i can get all KA parts or some sr parts but not sure about the AC line and prolly can get the pathfinder pulley but dont know anything about it

and i can do what you did cuz mine is a 89 buut i dont have the JDM side and if im not mistaken the KA low pressure side bolts straight up but its the top part (high pressure) that need the jdm side because of that fitting

zaquanh
05-27-2008, 06:38 PM
Hey buddy I am in the same struggle, I have a redtop in an s14 and want AC. Here is what i did, The s13 redtop bracket bolts up, the s14 ka compressor bolts up with 2 bolts but its 1 1/2 inches away from the belt so I am going to find the pathfinder pulley this weekend and hopefully it works out.

hmm i wonder if i can do that . cept my car was a 89 , might try that

HemiCharger
05-27-2008, 06:56 PM
lines aren't a problem to have made but what about the fittings that go in the compressor aren't KA hose fittings bigger?

the guy I know has a flair wrench and press and can make custom lines with custom fittings and as long as the thread is standard metric which they all are. I can send you some pics once they are fabed. And no I would not use a different pulley or bracket that could vibrate free and/ or break....

zavala
05-27-2008, 07:02 PM
look up the user 'codyace' i belive he sells a bracket or kit for having AC on the SR20det. if anything i'm sure he can point you in the right direction

zaquanh
05-28-2008, 05:46 AM
look up the user 'codyace' i belive he sells a bracket or kit for having AC on the SR20det. if anything i'm sure he can point you in the right direction

if u read my first post you will see im on both of his threads asking him about them ,,, there not made yet ,,, so still tryna figure out what to do ,

khmer1
05-28-2008, 05:58 AM
so there is no way you can have sr20det with a/c without fabbin some crap for it to work ahhh didn't know that

g6civcx
05-28-2008, 06:39 AM
look at my post theres 2 people that makes brackets one company says there still in making and the other isnt ready

are you talking about another kind of bracket

If you're local the shop I use can fab you one up no big deal. They did that for my friend's SR swap and didn't charge him that much for it.