PDA

View Full Version : [CA] S14 stolen :(

StaticX27
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
So I went into work like I normally did yesterday at around 1pm, left to go get some parts almost immediately and was back at around 2pm. Came out for my cig break at around 330ish and the car was still there. Came out for my lunch break at 6pm and it was gone. Looked up and down the parking lot hoping I just misplaced it, but no luck in that regard. I work at Best Buy in Fullerton (corner of harbor and imperial in Fullerton, CA), car was stole between 3 and 6pm, and no, Best Buy does not have exterior security cameras.

I had a basic alarm system, quick disconnect steering wheel and the greatest defense was leaving it as stock looking at possible and never posting up pictures or modification lists on any forums.

So here it is:
Engine bay:
1995 Nissan 240SX SE w/ sunroof. Originally white, repainted to Spirit-R Grey (Paint code 25G. Looks similar to the S13 gunmetal grey)
95 SR20DET w/ GT2871 .64AR turbo, stainless steel turbo lines
SARD FPR w/ stainless steel lines
Megan Turbo Manifold
Megan Turbo Elbow
Megan Flex downpipe
Megan Cat Delete
Fujitsubo Legalis-R Exhaust with pre-muffler delete
Hi-Pro Front Mount Intercooler (No BOV, hadn't installed it yet)
S15 430CC injectors
Summit Racing batter relocation kit (w/ battery box)
Westco battery

Interior:
S13SilviaGirl's custom JDM shift boot and ebrake boots
Momo steering wheel (not sure which one)
Abell Quick Disconnect steering wheel hub
Sparco 4pt buckle style harness (blue)
Sabelt 4pt buckle style harness (red)
Bride Brix II rewrapped in suede
S14 Digital Climate Control
Defi "Blue Racer" boost gauge
JDM DIN slot cup holders
Pioneer DEH-P6000UB
Alpine 6.5" speakers x4
Old Alpine Amplifier

Suspension and Rims:
350Z 18" track edition wheels painted black w/ polish lip(one center cap still silver)
Tein SuperStreet Coilovers
Godspeed swaybars

Other:
S15 digital climate control unit in the back (no wiring harness, just headunit)
VIS OEM style CF hood painted to match the car
Aerocatch locking hood pins
ClearCorners.com LED turn signals, corner lights and side markers.

Probably a few other things I'm missing, but that's the main stuff. Police report already filed, insurance already contacted. So if you stole my car, please leave it somewhere public ASAP so the cops can find it as quickly as possible. I would like to get the insurance money as quickly as possible, as I don't have a second car and need to get one as soon as humanly possible so I can get to and from work.

If anyone has any information, please do give me a call at 626-224-2342, there is a sizeable cash reward for the person who's able to give me information regarding the theft of my car. Lets say ranging anywhere between $500 to $1500 depending on the quality of the lead, or if you prefer car parts, I can accommodate that as well.

Unfortunately there are no pictures of my car taken by my camera, as that was my primary defense, anonymity. However, I see now that that doesn't work.

PhAtXSuMo
05-27-2008, 10:31 AM
dude!! that sucks!

at least you described it well ill be on the look out in orange county

hope u find it quick!

i just called my cousin that lives in Fullerton to keep on a look out he lives by a Costco.. not sure if that is by a Best Buy

rps13sr20
05-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Fuck......fucking sucks. I use to work near there. I'll tell some of my friends in OC to look out for it. Grey s14 zenki right? Sorry to hear about this, hopefully your car still turns about soon, w/o it being stripped. My friend got her accord jacked at pacific plaza in rowlands heights in less the 45 mins. Found it 4 days later and all they took were the cloths....strange huh. Anyways best of luck man.

StaticX27
05-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Yea, the sucky part is my favorite leather jacket was in the car too, not to mention my dickies jacket that I've had since high school, AND my extra tie for geek squad.

There were a number of things in there that made me really sad to lose, I'm just glad my fencing equipment wasn't in there either... And quite a few Japanese albums. I know ya'll know those ain't cheap to get here in the states.

powersteeringless180sx
05-27-2008, 04:21 PM
dam man that sucks. my girl lives across the street from that best buy. I'll keep an eye out.

luisgonz
05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
Got my eyes open in Los Angeles, Sorry to hear about this.

jinesz32
05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
good luck getting it back man, gees, theifs these days need to just go drown themselves or something.

ill keep an eye out if i see it around my area which i doubt

S13SilviaGirl
05-28-2008, 11:47 AM
damnit, that sucks soooooooooo bad! I hope you get it back in one piece!!!!

StaticX27
05-28-2008, 10:50 PM
^
Me too... Though from what I know, my car is already on cinder blocks somewhere in mexico.

75S30
05-29-2008, 01:45 AM
I let everyone on Hybridz.org know man. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Alan_no.1
05-29-2008, 02:59 AM
Oh my god.... ur car got stolen???? shit I will help u find it man........
if u got ur car back , I will help u get some kill switch. free!! hope u can
fine it

drift925
05-29-2008, 10:42 AM
This is nuts, who jacks a car in broad daylight in a very busy and public place. Our cars' arent safe anywhere now, beautiful......this just makes me want to sell my car even more now.... I hope you get reimbursed for your loss

StaticX27
05-29-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks to the guy who neg repped me because I didn't take pictures of my car...

Way to add insult to injury. <3 Zilvia

On a more relevant note, I still haven't heard anything back on my car, though I did go car shopping today.

A new Altima coupe looked somewhat appealing :(

L.W.G08
05-29-2008, 06:21 PM
damn that sucks, the alarm didnt go on?

str4g63
05-29-2008, 06:36 PM
did you have a quick release lock?? I thought I was safe with a quick release but I guess not.. sorry to hear that..

yoni_nismo
05-29-2008, 06:45 PM
sorry 2 hear your loss i go to CSUF and i knew the brea mall was infamous for car thefts...now im gonna think twice where i park my car out thier...hope u get it back in one peice

besTint
05-29-2008, 06:49 PM
sorry to hear this but a picture would have really helped. i see so many out there. now everyones gonna look suspicous to me. every grey s14 is gonna get a dirty look from me but thats all i can do. i doubt someone's gonna be driving it around. so so sorry.

HyperTek
05-29-2008, 07:31 PM
sucks man fuck thieves

never posting up pictures or modification lists on any forums.

It can go 2 ways, either that way, or it would help people know its your car if anyone sees it around they would know whats up.

StaticX27
05-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Hah! Pictures found in my friend's photoalbum so ya'll can visualize the color and everything!

http://s8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/everythingsbs/socal_imports/james/?start=all

Those are a little bit older though.

RPS13_NISMO KNIGHT
05-29-2008, 09:35 PM
sorry to hear about your car bro i hope they catch the people that stoled your car i got my eyes out in L.A.

StaticX27
05-31-2008, 11:56 PM
Car found in East L.A. Engine gone, but they missed alot of stuff. My suspension is completely in tact, they ripped out my seats, rims, engine / tranny / drive shaft and my sound system.

I'll post up pictures later once I get em off the camera

luisgonz
05-31-2008, 11:59 PM
Sorry to hear about that.

S13SilviaGirl
06-01-2008, 12:13 AM
Already talked to you about it...I hope they burn in hell for this.

CrimsonRockett
06-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Sucks, but I doubt they just "missed" your suspension.

They probably wanted to keep it a rolling chassis.

Look at the bright side, at least you got the car back unlike others on here that have yet to see their cars after months.

StaticX27
06-01-2008, 08:01 AM
Maybe they'll think I'm willing to mod it again if only engine and tranny are missing....

They've already scoped the car and know all about it, so they're just waiting for me to dump a bunch of money into it before they do it again. I think you're probably right though, they probably didn't have stock S14 parts to change out the suspension components *shrug*. But that doesn't explain why they left the Z32 MAFS and my S15 climate control unit in the back seat, or they left my Defi Gauges in tact... I mean, the Defi gauges are worth almost as much as the 350z wheels, and can be pulled out very easily. They left some stuff that should have been taken, and they took some of the dumbest crap. They took my Harry Potter DVD that I had in the trunk... o.O

luisgonz
06-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Man you need to hook the car back up, And hide in the truck again and wait for them to open the trunk. Because I know they think they are going to get another Harry Potter movie. And Stab them in the fu*ken neck.:Ownedd:

migracer
06-01-2008, 01:22 PM
From a fellow s14 owner in Florida, glad to hear you got you car back (minus engine). Did you have the steering wheel off? If so, do you think they might have towed it away?

I lived in LA for a while and from the sounds of what they left behind and where it was found, it probably were non 240 guys that figured they can sell the parts for a highly sought after car. Some tow truck trash guys/junk yard.

SDS13COUPE
06-01-2008, 02:35 PM
Glad you at least got it back. Did they leave your jackets and spare tie at least.

StaticX27
06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
No jackets (annoyed), no CD wallet either (Further annoyed), but they left my spare Geeksquad tie.... Those bastards..

luisgonz
06-01-2008, 06:43 PM
What area was it found, Im making a chart in which and were the thieves are dumping these cars. Do you have any pics of the motor? Post pics if you can.

drift freaq
06-01-2008, 10:07 PM
What area was it found, Im making a chart in which and were the thieves are dumping these cars. Do you have any pics of the motor? Post pics if you can.
Thats not a bad idea luis, James we talked on the phone already. So just glad that you got some of it back.

cc4usmc
06-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Good to hear you got the car back, sucks to hear a lot of it was gone =(

StaticX27
06-02-2008, 09:43 AM
The car was found on matthews street near first in East LA. I don't have the exact address yet, though I plan on getting a copy of the police report in a little bit. If you check in the album, there are some engine bay shots in there. Most notable thing though is that there's a crack on the tranny where it bolts up to the engine. Basically whoever put the tranny back on overtorqued the bolt and it started to crack like that. I'm not sure how deep it is or anything, but that's a pretty distinguishable mark. Otherwise it's an S14 black top motor with the above listed mods.

StaticX27
06-08-2008, 10:38 AM
Just to give an update, I just bought an 08 versa last night. AAA wins, they actually gave me a pretty decent amount for my car, around 50% of what I spent in the car without having the modification coverage. It was significantly more than I was expecting, so much the brownie points for AAA insurance, theyv'e been nothing but good to me over the past years

xkamikazestormx
06-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Car found in East L.A. Engine gone, but they missed alot of stuff. My suspension is completely in tact, they ripped out my seats, rims, engine / tranny / drive shaft and my sound system.

I'll post up pictures later once I get em off the camera

thats crazy. my car was stolen from torrance about 3 months ago and it was found in east la.

it was on harper street tho

kwazyxbboi
06-18-2008, 03:17 PM
.damnnn i go to school right around that best buy. i gotta becareful with my car...should install kill switch in mine though...

MikeisNissan
06-18-2008, 03:43 PM
Jeez that fucking sucks.. I would cry, then raise hell. Fuck those fuckers!

cambodianricer
06-18-2008, 03:53 PM
thats crazy. my car was stolen from torrance about 3 months ago and it was found in east la.

it was on harper street tho

my cousin's integra GSR was stolen and the cops found it in east la too!

wtf......?!?!?!

turbocrazy07
07-10-2008, 03:06 PM
i think i would have cried with joy that at least i got it back lol

skylindrftr
07-10-2008, 03:55 PM
So is east l.a. where most of the car have been dumped thus far luisgonz?

xtreme_s14
07-12-2008, 10:43 AM
i'm glad you were able to get the car back! ..and have fun with the Versa!

just curious.. you install the motor yourself? or where was the motor purchased from?

kornaz
07-14-2008, 09:02 PM
East LA is one of the worst neighborhoods. No one really goes there, and crime rate is super high. There's probably many places where they strip the car, and then just dump it.

skylindrftr
07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Yeah i know, twice a year I go to the Chinese cemetery there to pay respects, it's not the greatest part of town...