PDA

View Full Version : Knocking only when engine cold

koreanguy9
05-26-2008, 05:26 PM
i got a problem my ka24de Knocks when you start it in the morning the car shakes and you can hear it knock really loud. i recently got a timing chain kit done. it only happens when the engine is cold like in the morning when you first start it and it also has problem idleing it goes up when you start and then it goes down like hella down where it almost dies then idles okay. the knockin goes on for about 5 to 10 seconds then becomes normal. Any help would be great. iono if its cuz the oil is cold cuz i know that ka's chain tensioner runs off of oil pressure. currently i have 10-30 in the engine but i usually run 20-50.

UNISA JECS
05-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I'd say redo your base idle and base timing and then see what happens, sounds like the neither of them is set correctly. The noise on cold start up could be lack of oil pressure.

apex
05-26-2008, 06:32 PM
r u parked on a steep driveway?
i am and my car does that all the time till oil starts movin

koreanguy9
05-27-2008, 03:06 AM
im not sure on how to adjust base idle and timing but ill look into that thx for the advice

well first time it did that i was at my gf's house and her house is on a hella steep as hill but it never did that before a few months ago it just happened recently.

koreanguy9
05-27-2008, 03:33 PM
oh i found out what it was one of my bearings on the connecting rod to the crankshaft is loose thats why it only knocks for a lil bit until oil pressure builds up so i suggest that you check your ur bearings and replace the bad ones apex. man its going to be a pain in the ass to replace it

jinesz32
05-31-2008, 07:07 AM
check your tensioners as well, that seems to be the problem of knocking as well. ;)