PDA

View Full Version : clutch pedal sticking?

cleanest92
05-23-2008, 11:02 AM
alright i got a 92 coupe and put a new clutch kit, master cylinder, slave cylinder, spring on the pedal, flywheel in it and its still sticking to the floor when i fast shift it. theres no air in the lines or anything. anyone got an idea for me?

xsparc
05-23-2008, 12:01 PM
hmmm... maybe its not adjusted all the way out? where does your clutch disenguage? top, middle, floor? when it sticks, is the clutch disenguaged?
I had a problem where the fork and piviot were all gummed up so it would sometimes stick like that.

Id say check the adjustment, fork and piviot.

g6civcx
05-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Also check the pedal return spring and the pedal bracket itself. Sometimes the bracket cracks and makes the pedal go sideway = stick.

exitspeed
05-23-2008, 12:42 PM
Moved to tech section...

infinitexsound
05-23-2008, 07:23 PM
I still think u have a faulty slave.... or not enough fluid.... might want to check if the slave cylinder is engaging and disengaging...under the car.... have a friend press the clutch pedal for u...

cleanest92
05-26-2008, 01:16 PM
well it disengages towards the top and it sticks when its at high rpms. but if i dont get on the gas right away then it takes a second for it to pop back out. the slave works fine. i have no idea what could be wrong i just put a new line on it because the one had a kink in it. the guy im friends with that owns a trans shop says that the master cyl could be bad and to get one from the dealer? any other ideas for me.