PDA

View Full Version : Stock Nissan GT-R fares well in One Lap

ZilviaBot
05-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Filed under: Motorsports, Sports/GTs, Nissan Photo by Mary Seelhorst Slightly over shadowed by all the drama surrounding the Vanishing Point Dodge Challenger, Car and Driver competed in the 2008 One Lap of America event behind the wheel of a stock Nissan GT-R. Typically a magazine editor going for an extended joy ride in a pre-production sports car isn't expected to severely push the vehicle's limits, which is why Tony Swan cruised to a decent 11th place overall finish in the event. Not a bad placement, but also apparently not good enough for some, as interested internet anti-fanboys have...

[[ This is a content summary only. Visit my website for full links, other content, and more! ]] http://feeds.feedburner.com/~a/Zilvia?i=4Sq3nE</img> (http://feeds.feedburner.com/~a/Zilvia?a=4Sq3nE)

More... (http://feeds.autoblog.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~3/291221826/)

IStop4NoMan
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
wow typical car and driver.

We bitch and complain about everything performance wise, but it has plenty of luggage space.

lame

kdashy
05-23-2008, 02:04 PM
At least we know its comfortable.:jerkit:

stinky_180
05-28-2008, 04:13 PM
^and can carry a lot of lugguage >.>

bardabe
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
Car and Driver will always hate on the GTR fuckem

Canaduh
05-28-2008, 10:40 PM
car and driver will always hate on anything that isn't a BMW. I don't know why're they're so biased towards bimmers but it's true.

OneForMe
05-28-2008, 11:24 PM
wtf i dont remember if it was car and driver but they paired up evo x and a bmw 135i

and the bimmer won wtf

i think it was something different but damm all those places, reviews and shiet hate on JDM-ness!

stiizy
05-29-2008, 12:14 PM
car and driver will always hate on anything that isn't a BMW. I don't know why're they're so biased towards bimmers but it's true.

like how they are saying now that the new M3 is better than the GTR??? fuck C&D!!

exitspeed
05-29-2008, 12:21 PM

This is true. Very true. I just mentioned that in the GTR thread. It's BS.

91SuperS13
05-30-2008, 03:48 AM
wtf i dont remember if it was car and driver but they paired up evo x and a bmw 135i

and the bimmer won wtf

i think it was something different but damm all those places, reviews and shiet hate on JDM-ness!

Well, the specs on the 135i are pretty damn impressive. turbo charged 3.0L I-6! Its like squeezing a 2JZ into a miata. Well maybe not that extreme, but you see what I'm saying. I'd take a 135i of those over the new Evo and STI any day of the week. (Based on driving performance, not utility)

MaD1337M3DRiV3r
05-31-2008, 11:52 AM
If the 135i drives anything like the 335i i wouldnt get it, I test drove the 335i and it wasnt fun at all like any of the rest of their M cars. I say the GTR is way above those cars.

The BMW dealer gave me a 325i as a loaner car once and I really hated that thing, id much rather drive my S13. The C class was just as crappy when benz gave me those as rentals.

97KATURBOSILVIA
05-31-2008, 01:49 PM
^^^^^ just a quick note to your comment, went to the track last friday, there was a 335 there coupe, stock wheels and tires, looked it over all stock motor not even a bov change, guy said he only tuned ecu. I thought these ecu werent tunable so i said wonder what it runs and WTF it ran a 12.4 at 121mph. I think that would be fun for a luxury car but not for a track car or drifter we have our lovely nissans for that.

91SuperS13
06-01-2008, 03:12 AM
If the 135i drives anything like the 335i i wouldnt get it, I test drove the 335i and it wasnt fun at all like any of the rest of their M cars. I say the GTR is way above those cars.

well, smaller wheel base would make the 135 a more nimble car, and I was comparing to the Evo X and the new STI. But I will agree, the GT-R layith the smackith down on almost everything that has 4 wheels and a motor.

ronmcdon
06-03-2008, 05:49 PM

and the bimmer won wtf

yeah, that was a really really lame comparo. they even tested the x and the 135 on the track (not sure if it was streets of willow, or some other socal track), and the x did something like 4 secs faster.

Reason why the 135, was because the reviewer claimed the 135 was a more comfortable daily driver, and was more practical. Problem with this argument is 1) you'd be a goddamn fool to get either the x or 135, if comfort was the main criterion. 2) the x is infact more practical given you actually have ppl sit in the back seats.

Also the X is surprisingly comfortable even in gsr trim. the mr trim model is even more softly sprung and has added sound deadening.

Mind you, I like the 135 a lot. I think it's the best value from BMW right now, but I thought that review was absolute garbage.

ronmcdon
06-03-2008, 05:58 PM
like how they are saying now that the new M3 is better than the GTR??? fuck C&D!!

C&D never had any credibility to begin with, as far the quality of evaluations/comparos go. Even their writing and staff are unbearably boring. It reads like something out of a high school textbook.

But anyhow, I think C&D is catered towards the average yuppie & upper middle class salary-man who never sees the track. I don't think it's written for driving enthusiast. hence it's no suprise so many of us disagree. I just fail to take that mag seriously period.

Canaduh
06-04-2008, 06:37 AM
ron is completely right. I used to read car and driver as a kid and take in everything i ever read from it...I can't do that anymore as i've read too many BS comparisons. Like I said before... if there's a BMW... it could be a 1985 3 series being compared to the new g37, and they would call the '85 bimmer more "technologically advanced"

I just can't stand reading the crap. I just look at the very last page for those crazy pictures... Or is that road and track....?

ronmcdon
06-04-2008, 04:33 PM
hey thanks! :)

xplicit240
06-05-2008, 08:36 AM
maybe its not the car =) might be the driver thats bad. GTR did awesome in nurburg and in tsukuba.

RiversideS13
06-06-2008, 08:07 PM
i think maybe the editor did not know how to adjust setting correctly because the car is too advance for them haha