PDA

View Full Version : CLeaned my throttle body today

burgy240
12-19-2001, 12:29 PM
I cleaned it with a throttle body cleaner from NAPA($2.13).  just removed the air intake tube and the rubber hose clamped to the throttle body.  sprayed the cleaner and really lightly with a toothbrush rubbed the crap off inside and on butterfly.  Very easy don't ever let the Dealer charge you to do this maintnence.  I will let you know that you're gonna want to remove the two hoses attached to the air intake tube and maybe unclamp the one from its holding clamp along side of the rubber tube attached to the throttle body.  Let the engine sit five minutes and then start it up.  will run real rough for about 30 seconds. I just pressed the gas to help move it along.  Very easy!!

whateverjames
12-19-2001, 12:50 PM
notice any (re)gain in performance? i'm thinking of doing this

IceTekGuy
12-19-2001, 02:23 PM
i did that, and got about 50HP!!!!!!!!!!!

just kiddin, it should make some difference, cause it lets teh air slide along better with no restriction...

im gonna have mine polished, or do it myself... but that is good to do too

burgy240
12-19-2001, 02:44 PM
Well, I noticed the the rpms rev up smoother and overall engine response seemed slightly better too.  My throttle body really needed cleaning though.  First time it was cleaned since production in 95'(65K miles).  

IceTekGuy
12-19-2001, 04:48 PM
suprisingly mine was pretty #### clean for a freakin 12 year old car, i got the 89 240s, now i got an s14 SR and i had to clean the shit out of that one.