PDA

View Full Version : cams question

dizthaiboi
05-15-2008, 02:21 AM
lets start off with a lil story. i had a pair of stage 2 270 12.6mm. apexi cams installed with greddy valve springs. after a month lifter went bad(intake side). one day about 3 months later on my way to work(stop and go traffic not pass 25mph) the valve spring snapped in half on the exhaust side. so i just swith the broken on with the stock and put back the stock cams and ofcourse replaced the broken lifters. now the intake cam is damaged. i just go another set of valve springs so i want to put the cams back.

i want to buy tomei stage 2 270 12.5mm. for the intake and use the old apexi stage2 270 12.6mm. exhaust cam.

the question is will that be okay or will it better if i just get another set of cams. let me know what u guys think.

dizthaiboi
05-16-2008, 11:36 AM
comeon someone please help me decide.

SoguRacing
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
I think you need to determine what made the valve spring snap. and correct the problem.

just1pepsi
05-16-2008, 01:55 PM
I think the last poster is onto something.

If you are set on changing the cams, my personal preference is to change them both at the same time, along with springs, retainers, lifters, as well as having the head decked and the valves guides replaced, and doing a valve job. That way you know everything is in top condition to begin with.

Get the hardware based on the cam. You'll need stiffer springs that are designed for the higher lift and duration of the cam.