PDA

View Full Version : injector problem?

N1ceDrgn
11-24-2002, 11:33 PM
I am wrapping up my CA install and everything is in, it's running.. as it should, half the time. It'll either run smooth and hard like it should or it'll struggle to move along and run rough. I followed the wiring information from www.heavythrottle.com for SR installs. It was the only information I could find for the wiring part of the install. No one has anything listed for the CA? Anyhow, I'm running with an AVCR and SAFC. I took the time to go over the wiring, match it up like it should, got all the connections good but it still runs funny. It's almost as if something has a bad connection or is shorting/ grounding out? Anyhow, if anyone has any ideas, they are more than welcome. This is the last thing to finish my install and I REALLY want to get this over with. It's been almost a month and it's beginning to takes it toll..

crioten
11-25-2002, 02:40 PM
if this happens after you are driving the car really really hard, like i did, then it is prolly and injector problem. does the whole car shake and you have almost no hp? i had a similar problem, until i fixed my injectors...

now it is running sexy...

glen

N1ceDrgn
11-27-2002, 02:10 PM
When it does run funny, it's anywhere from idle to the mid-range. After that it levels out. EGT hits around 700 so it running ok. It's just that it idles so funny. It's as if it's struggling to run.

DamnedButDetermined
11-27-2002, 08:15 PM
I am having a similar problem, but i have a KA24E.  Check and see if there is leaky fuel comming from the injectors.  On mine...Were the electrical connection attaches to the injector, if you jiggle it the idle gets more eratic and the engine sputters.  I am going to buy ne injectors and get new electrical connections.  Hopefully that will fix my problem.  Sorry i couldn't be of more help but good luck,

DbD

hybrid240
11-27-2002, 10:32 PM
yeah my ka24e is doing that too. hard to start, stumbles when i give it gas. i am doing an sr swap soon so i dont want to spend alot of money but i would like to fit it.
if any one is sure of what it is let me know, please!!!!!
i think i am going to spray the intake down with throttle body cleaner.

N1ceDrgn
11-30-2002, 08:07 PM
I did go to the Nissan dealership and got some new connections. It cost around $24 or so. The new connections fixed the problem. I also ran some injector cleaner as well, so, now it seems to be running fine. Thanks for the input and as far as cost is concerned, I would consider changing for new connections first before changing out the injectors as well. Best of luck...

DamnedButDetermined
12-26-2002, 07:30 AM
n1cedrgn,
Do you remember what the nissan part number was for the connections? If that fixed your problem, then i will do that first seeing as how it must be cheaper. You say $24...Is that for all four or just a couple?

thanks,
DbD