PDA

View Full Version : Walbro Fuel Pump

Saviorsoul
05-14-2008, 10:16 AM
So I was talking to my friend about getting a Walbro fuel pump and upgrading my injectors, but he says no matter what if I'm not running boosted, I'm gonna run a little lean, and being how gas prices are I don't want to "WASTE" my gas... I have MSD Blast Coil to ignite a lil more fuel, think I really will run lean or does my friend just think he knows to much? lol (Though I give it to him, he is USUALLY right)

!Zar!
05-14-2008, 10:24 AM
There is ZERO reason to buy an upgraded fuel pump, nor injectors. Your car won't run leaner because of those upgrades.

The fuel pump will be useless because your fuel pressure regulator will still only allow a certain amount of fuel to get past based on how much you need.

Only thing that will happen is the upgraded fuel pump will accelerate the chances of your fuel pressure regulator failing.

Zero reason to buy bigger injectors. Your car isn't asking for more fuel than your stock injectors can provide.

Not to mention your ecu isn't programmed for larger injectors.

So pretty much, don't buy either unless you are running some sort of forced induction/injection system.

It's a huge waste of time/money which will only give you problems if you try to put that on your na.

So your friend is on the right track telling you not to do it.

Saviorsoul
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Good points.. Thanks