PDA

View Full Version : jdm kouki projector problem??

tougestyle
05-14-2008, 09:48 AM
hi guys i have try the search button but when i see all the thread they doesn't answer my question so here is my question.I have do a 1998 conversion kouki jdm front end and al work properly but my projector just fucking suck to light the road.I have PIAA extreme force in my projector and the projector light the road 15 feet over the front end of my s14 that really suck.I want to know how to adjust my projector if its possible.

JohnC
05-14-2008, 09:51 AM
There is an adjustment between the projector and the high beam that adjusts the height.

INeedNewTires
05-14-2008, 10:17 AM
and if you did a true "JDM" conversion then they will be angled towards the wrong way on the road. If you were just saying jdm but actually bought USDM kouki headlights then they will be fine, get a drop in HID kit for like $140 on this forums group buys and your done. problem solved

alkemyst
05-14-2008, 05:58 PM
QFT...when buying overseas lights you need to get the ones for the same flow of traffic as the country you are buying.

The JDM/Euro versions are more like two pieces vs the USDM/Canada single piece. Each 'pod' can adjust individually...I have no idea why Nissan did this stupid change for North America.

The overseas lights look a little better IMHO.

tougestyle
05-16-2008, 08:37 PM
i have the real jdm kouki headlight and i have try to adjust light but don't have find anything and im not anewb in mechanical so the best is an hid kit?

alkemyst
05-16-2008, 08:44 PM
i have the real jdm kouki headlight and i have try to adjust light but don't have find anything and im not anewb in mechanical so the best is an hid kit?

hid kit won't fix your lens focus. I'd post your lights up on ebay or something and buy the right ones.

98koukile
05-17-2008, 09:00 AM
Haha I love this. Your lights suck? Drop in a hid kit.
False. Unless you retrofit new hid projectors into your lights hid "drop in kits" will just blind the other lane even more and your cut off will look like ass

Edit: Sorry if I come off like an asshole with that post but I'm sick of getting blinded by all the hondas with their half assed hid kits and I'd hate to see our crowd fall more into that stereotype

pbcstylez
05-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Haha I love this. Your lights suck? Drop in a hid kit.
False. Unless you retrofit new hid projectors into your lights hid "drop in kits" will just blind the other lane even more and your cut off will look like ass

Edit: Sorry if I come off like an asshole with that post but I'm sick of getting blinded by all the hondas with their half assed hid kits and I'd hate to see our crowd fall more into that stereotype

i agree with you sounding like an ass, but if that is the case I am too.

Don't half ass it by doing a drop in, the quality will still suck, you will be able to light the road up a little better, but indeed you will blind oncoming traffic, not only bc of the hid kit, but the quality of the s14 projector its CRAP.

But what you do will be determined by your budget... HID retrofit can be done right w/ a dropin kit if you retrofit the projector only

HID projector TSX = 150, FX = 75
HID dropin kit = 100-150

All in All, just do it right, those damn PIAAs cost you what $50?

Save a little extra cash and do it right, if you need help PM me